California Lawmakers Approve Rail, Hetch Hetchy Measures
- Gov. Davis signs law allowing California to sell GOs online. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/29/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30736, p5
Reports that Governor Gray Davis has signed a bill allowing California to sell its general obligation bonds online. Investment in high-yielding asset-backed commercial paper.
- Calif. governor signs renewable energy bill. Truini, Joe // Waste News;9/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p6
Reports the move of Governor Gray Davis to sign renewable energy bill in Sacramento, California. Provisions of the Senate Bill 1078; Decline of greenhouse gas emissions; Impact of the legislation on renewable energy producers.
- California Gov. Nixes E-Waste, Bottle Bills. Jackson, Danielle // Waste Age;Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p14
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis vetoed Senate bills 1523 and 1619, two pieces of legislation devoted to creating a recycling infrastructure that handles the state's electronic waste problem. Other bill vetoed by the governor; Overview of Senate bills 1523 and 1619; Support given by...
- California open-records bill KO'd. Davis, Joel // Editor & Publisher;10/16/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 42, p8
Reports the veto for an Open-Record Bill by Governor Gray Davis in California. Goal of the measure; Reasons for the rejection of the legislation; Reactions of open-government advocates to the decision.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report. Legislation; Proposed law; Status.
- S.C. Lawmakers Vote to Reject Aid For Restructuring Toll Road Debt. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the opposition of legislators in South Carolina to legislation for restructuring over 200 million dollars of tax-exempt bonds for a 16-mile toll road in Greenville.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p24
A chart is presented that lists several legislation related to bond buyer in the U.S. in 2011 including the Bipartisan Tax fairness and Simplification Act of 2011, Simplified, Manageable and Responsible Tax Act and Public Law: Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011.