Once-Troubled Cleveland Schools Win Solid Ratings for $125 Million Deal
- Moody's warns Florida school districts: Overcrowding may bring downgrades. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p3
Reports on the negative impact of the credit rating for school districts in Florida if the state fails to solve problems of overcrowding according to an assessment from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Percentage of districts experiencing pressure to build more classrooms; Costs required to solve...
- New Caney, Tex., ISD Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p2
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Services to upgrade the underlying rating on New Caney, Texas' Independent School District.
- News In Brief: Whitman Hanson RSD Up to A2 By Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on approximately $21.4 million in outstanding long-term securities from Whitman Hanson Regional School District in Massachusetts.
- Colo. district claims against credit-rater dismissed. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;5/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by the Jefferson County, Colorado school district against Moody's Investor Service Inc. which seeks damages from Moody's issuance of an unsolicited and negative report on the district's bond offerings. Credit-rater's First Amendment free-press right...
- New Jersey. Demenchuck, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's review of New Jersey-based Bernards Township School Districts' Aa-rated general obligation debt.
- News In Brief: Moody's Outlook Now Stable on Ft. Zumwalt. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p2
Reports on the outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. from positive to stable towards Fort Zumwalt School District in Saint Charles County, Missouri. Basis for the change in the outlook; Expectation of Moody's from the stable outlook; Rating of the Fort Zumwalt.
- Moody's Puts Connecticut's GO Rating On Downgrade Watch, Citing Shortfall. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has put Connecticut's general obligation credit rating under review for a downgrade. Effect of Moody's outlook on state debt; Deficit in the state's budget; Other credits which are being affected.
- Moody's Joins Standard & Poor's in Giving Michigan Triple-A Rating. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Discusses the improvement of the state of Michigan's credit rating by Moody's Investors Service. Impact of the state's low debt and improved financial management; Factors behind the upgrading of the state's credit rating by Moody's.
- ILLINOIS: Joliet Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on credit ratings given by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to bonds of Joliet, Illinois. Impact of ratings on general obligation debt of the city; Basis for the ratings.