California Passes $99B Budget, Puts $7B Ran Deal in Pipeline
- Why OC GOP Voted 'No' on Budget. Campbell, Bill // Orange County Business Journal;07/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p38
Comments on why the Orange County, California Republican Party opposed the state budget passed by the California Assembly. Lack of adequate permanent tax-relief; Undermining of welfare reform; Proposal to increase the car tax.
- California pic incentive program faces the ax. McNary, Dave // Variety;2/3/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the move of the California State Assembly on January 28, 2003 to eliminate the annual funding allocated for the Film California First incentive program. Amount of funding to be eliminated; Aim of the program; Budget deficit of California.
- California budget on time. // State Government News;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the California Assembly meeting its budget deadline of July 1, 1999. Factors contributing to the swift budget passage; Comments from Governor Gray Davis.
- CRUNCH TIME IN CALIFORNIA. Bradley, Paul // Community College Week;4/2/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that as funding for the institutions continue to recede, California's community colleges are calling for reforming the system. Due to budget cuts stemming from the onset of the national economic downturn, the first elements of a community college reform agenda are moving...
- California Lawmakers Cut Providers' Rates. Raflo, Brook // HomeCare Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the approval of a budget by the California Assembly and Governor Gray Davis which would cut Medi-Cal providers' rates starting January 1, 2004. Percentage of cut in the providers' rates; Details on the budget.
- Calif. eases insurer collection of defense costs. Otis, L.H. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p3
States that the California appeals court has made it easier for insurers to recover cost relating to uncovered claims. Setback for Jerry Buss, Los Angeles Lakers owner; Decision in the case of Jerry Buss versus Superior Court of Los Angeles.
- New faces to recast California assembly. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p4
Reports on legislators in California who were forced to leave their seats because of California's term-limits law. Reference to member of California's State Assembly, Byron Sher; Comments from Sher; Examination of criticism of California's term limits; History of term limits in United States;...
- Summing up election in a word--moderation. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the moderate nature of Californian voters. Democrats regaining control of the state assembly; Comments from Ann Shanahan-Walsh, a San Diego political consultant; Information on the state legislature configuration.
- Calif. gets new showbiz panel. // Hollywood Reporter;4/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 37, p7
Reports that the California Assembly's formation of the Select Committee on the Arts, the Entertainment Industry and Software and Technology. Purpose of the committee.