Energy Northwest's $400M Deal Called One With Dual Purpose
- BPA Wants To Refund WPPSS Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p1
Reports on the plan of the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) to refund the debt of the Washington Public Power Supply System (WPPSS). Cuts int he debt and service cost of WPPSS; Plan of BPA to sell refunding bonds.
- Watt's up? Not a Bonneville sell-off. // National Journal;1/10/98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p47
Reports on the reactions of lobbyists over a recent report in the Seattle Times that President Bill Clinton would recommend the selling of the Bonneville Power Administration.
- Energy Northwest Plans $70 Million Insured Deal for Wind Turbine Project. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p3
Reports on plans of public power supply provider Energy Northwest to sell its Wind Project revenue bonds to qualified institutional buyers in the U.S. as of November 5, 2001. Company insuring eighty percent of total issuance; Plans for investment through revenue collected from the bond sales;...
- Washington's Energy Northwest Earns Fitch IBCA Upgrade to AA. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p4
Reports on the bond rating of Energy Northwest. Strength of the system's consumer contracts and reduced power costs; Possible risks to the credit.
- Power hungry. Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p448
Focuses on the possible deregulation of the federal Bonneville Power Administration in the Pacific Northwest. Proposal of Pacific Northwest governors' panel on the retail electric revenues; Protest of environmentalist and native American leaders on the plan; Need for a solution that satisfy not...
- Web site offers energy efficiency venue. Cissna, Tami // Electric Light & Power;Jul98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the Bonneville Power Administration has created an online service, the Northwest Energy Efficiency Business Listing.
- Skeptics weigh in as Northwest power agency braces for deregulation. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p5
Reveals the plan of Pacific Northwest officials to prepare the Bonneville Power Administration to compete in a deregulated electric market. Concerns on the administration's repayment of its debt to the US Treasury; Plans on the separation of the agency's marketing and transmission functions.
- Muni Prices Weaken; Energy Northwest Comes to Market. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;4/23/2015, p33
The article reports on the bond market in the United States. Topics discussed include yields on municipal bonds, treasury prices and ratios and the pricing of Energy Northwest's electric revenue refunding bonds for institutions by JP Morgan. Additional topics discussed include water system...
- Energy Northwest May Refund Up to $500 Million of Debt. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p1
Reports on the proposed issuance of bonds to refund the debt of Energy Northwest in San Francisco, California. Factors affecting the huge cost overruns of energy; Options of the agency on volatility in interest rates; Amount of debt of Energy Northwest.