Move to Privatize Big Easy Sewer Board Hits Snag on Way to Ballot
- Development II: the privatization of everything? Watts, Michael // Progress in Human Geography;Sep1994, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p371
No abstract available.
- Bulgaria's Privatisation Boost. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p15
Focuses on two key Bulgarian privatisations. Other macroeconomic fundamentals that underline Bulgaria's improving credentials.
- The ethics of privatisation. Versi, Anver // African Business;Mar1997, Issue 219, p7
Discusses ethical issues concerning the privatization in Africa. Obstacles that the country needs to overcome; Concerns about the transfer of African economies into foreign hands; Acceptance of the concept of private enterprise; Need to put behind old ways of African economics founded on...
- Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p13
Focuses on the pace of privatization program in South Africa. Negative effects of social and political pressures on program implementation; Impact made on various South African businesses; Issues about the government's control of the business enterprise in the country. INSET: Privatisations...
- 104 privatisations planned. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p17
Reports on the plans to privatize more than 104 companies with more than $650 million in Taiwan.
- Privatization in the former Soviet Union--one year later. Wessel, Robert H. // Business Economics;Jan1993, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31
Discusses the expansion of privatization in the former Soviet Union and barriers hindering that expansion. Challenges in training and motivating a lethargic workforce; Joint ventures with western companies; Acceptance of western methods and attitudes of doing business; Need for many old defense...
- Privatization in the United States. Wessel, Robert H. // Business Economics;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p45
Discusses the prospects of privatization in the United States. Justifications on the grounds of efficiency and productivity and rather than as a fad to solve business and governmental problems; Candidates for privatization; Waste, water and housing management; Public schools; Postal system.
- The fiscal impact of privatization in Canada. Levac, Mylene; Wooldridge, Philip // Bank of Canada Review;Summer97, p25
Discusses the growing importance of privatization in Canada and many other countries. Impact of privatization on a government's fiscal position; How privatization gained international prominence in the early 1980s; Privatization of federal Crown corporations, public services and infrastructure...
- The biggest auction in history? Macintosh, Robert // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the privatization of state-owned companies in former Czechoslovakia. Opportunities that Canadian businesses may derive from the process; Involvement of almost the whole adult population in the auction bidding process for Czech companies; Auctioning off of small companies to the...