PENNSYLVANIA: REBALANCING ACT
- Beating City Hall. Steigerwald, Bill // Reason;Feb2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the decision of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Mayor Tom Murphy not to pursue his plan to remake the shopping district dubbed Market Place at Fifth & Forbes. Reason for dropping the project.
- Pittsburgh Mayor Proposes 2003 Tax Hikes, Spending Cuts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31512, p40
Reports that Tom Murphy, mayor of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, unveiled a 2003 budget that relies on alcohol tax hike and cuts in public safety spending to help cover a projected $60 million shortfall. Tax measures which have to be approved by the state's legislature; Percent increase in the fixed...
- Pittsburgh Mayor's Plea. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p1
Reveals that the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania needs tax reform, according to mayor Tom Murphy. Importance of new revenue to the city's overall recovery; Call for fairness in the city's tax structure; Revitalization of the city's downtown and its shift away from the steel industry toward...
- Pittsburgh's Mayor and City Council hammer out compromise budget pact. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30299, p2
Focuses on Pittsburgh Mayor Tom Murphy and the city Council who have reached a compromise in their battle over the city's $314 million 1998 budget. Background information on Murphy; Views of David Miller the city's budget director.
- IN MEMORIAM. // American Theatre;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p24
An obituary is presented for Tom Murphy, a tony Award winning actor.
- A partnership that actually works. Johnston, Stephanie // Public Works;Oct2009, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p7
The author reflects on several developments in Columbus, Ohio, and on the cooperation between the public and private sectors in the city. She notes that the intention of Mayor Michael Coleman to revitalize the city's downtown in 2002 has resulted into a multimodal project composed of modern...
- Executing a Game Plan. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;10/30/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p22
The article focuses on EstateWorks, developer of a Web-based on-demand estate settlement and planning product in Massachusetts headed by Greg Caldicott, attorney Tom Murphy and Bill Zierolf as its executive chairman. Murphy said that their initial target audience was individuals adding that he...
- Running Pittsburgh. Kuehls, Dave // Runner's World;Feb95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p34
Profiles Pittsburgh mayor Tom Murphy and discusses his interest in and involvement in running. His plan to construct running paths in the city; Murphy's participation in 18 Pittsburgh Great Races and 9 Pittsburgh marathons; His political career; Details of how he spends his days.
- Park City contractors buy acreage in Draper City for 108-room hotel. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/21/95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p3
Reports that Park City contractors Steve Weinstein and Tom Murphy have optioned two acres at 12600 So. Minute Man Dr., Draper, where they plan to build a 108-room hotel. Negotiations for the affiliation of the Draper hotel with Thrift Lodge; Construction of the hotel to be carried out in phases.