NEW YORK: Trouble in Nassau
- The fiscal and payments crisis. Lushin, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p36
Describes the financial crisis in Russia. Principal cause of the crisis; Consequences of the decline in production; Impact of the proclamation of `financial stabilization' under the conditions of declining production; Connections between fiscal and payment crises.
- Don't abandon free market capitalism. Donohue, Thomas J. // Hill;2/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the ability of the U.S. to emerge from the financial crisis stronger than before by acting in accordance to tested principles and deal with challenges in an orderly fashion.
- Ride the greenback. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Feb98, Issue 229, p19
Relates issues pertaining to the economic crisis in Asia. Three major global results of the financial crisis; Delay of hikes of interest rates in the United States and Europe; Sterling's offer of highest money yields; Decline of the Japanese stock market; Strength of the dollar against the...
- Asian bust--U.S. boom? // Buildings;Sep98, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p100
Presents an excerpt from the paper `The Southeast Asian Crisis: Constructing Prosperity in the Wake of Financial Collapse,' by William F. Evans.
- On the edge of crisis: Part II. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p72
Offers suggestions on how Canadians can protect themselves from a financial crisis.
- International financial crises: Myths and realities. Schwartz, Anna J. // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p251
Discusses the myths and realities of international transmission of financial crises. How international transmission of financial crises can be prevented; Link between financial crises and exchange-rate crises; Question of whether an individual country that has mismanaged its affairs can cause...
- The origin of Mexico's 1994 financial crisis. Gil-Diaz, Francisco // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p303
Discusses the factors which lead to the collapse of the financial market in Mexico in 1994. Reforms which lead to economic growth between 1989 and 1994; Details on the financial market history of Mexico between 1989 and 1994; Factors which contributed to facilitate credit increases and led to...
- Lessons for Asia from Mexico. Meigs, A. James // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p315
Focuses on the financial crises in Mexico and Asia. Why investors where surprised in both cases; Indication that in 1992, economist Milton Friedman predicted the collapse of the Mexican financial market; Similarities between the two financial crises; Question of what investors in Asia should...
- Readers respond. R. J. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p13
The article presents comments from several readers on the article "State's fiscal woes still deepening: Comptroller Hynes" published in the October 4, 2010 issue.