NEW JERSEY: Newark Arena Action
- N.J. Governor Unveils Plan For Arena. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p1
Reports the unveiling of the plans to build a downtown sports arena by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey in Newark, New Jersey. Agreement between YankeeNets LLC and the governor; Criticisms on the issues relating to the building of the arena from the taxpayers; Allocation of budget.
- Newark and the Devils Try a Power Play. Shankar, P. // njbiz;2/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Details the proposal to construct an sports arena in Newark, New Jersey. Advantages of the proposed arena; Supporters of the project; Reason for the opposition of Governor James E. McGreevey to the proposal; Speculation on the impact of the proposed arena on the downtown area; Arguments on the...
- This Deal Is Hardly A Slam Dunk. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // njbiz;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the delay in the implementation of the deal between New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey and the YankeeNets over the construction of a sports arena in Newark, New Jersey. Cost of the project; Result of a poll released by the Fairleigh Dickinson University regarding the issue;...
- New Jersey's Governor Declares War on Sprawl. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's campaign against suburban sprawl in the state as of January 2003. Proposals made by the governor in his inaugural State of the State address; Reaction of municipal market participants to these proposals; Economic rationale of the governor's...
- New Jersey Governor's Budget Balancing Draws Agency Attention. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Focuses on the plans of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey for the fiscal budget of 2003. Impact of revenue shortfalls on the budget; Credit ratings set by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- The Year of Living Distrustfully. // njbiz;12/9/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p5
Introduces a series of articles on the stance of the administration of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey toward business.
- TIGHTENING THE DISCHARGE STANDARDS. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // njbiz;3/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the plan of the state of New Jersey to increase restrictions on the discharge of water under the smart-growth initiative of Governor James E. McGreevey. Information on standards set by the Department of Environmental Protection; Reaction to the standards.
- Fairness Is No Basis for Raising Taxes. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;4/7/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p12
Editorial. Comments on the new Millionaire's Tax hike of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey, as of April 2003. Features of the tax hike; Members of the Fairness Alliance that support the tax hike; Percentage of the state's voters who supported the increase.
- Hail James E., Farewell Donald D. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Editorial. Reports the swearing in of Governor James E. McGreevey, the 51st governor of New Jersey. Occurrence of a celebratory rally in front of the State House; Details of the ascension of McGreevey to the gubernatorial position; Bills of interest to the business community signed into law by...