Despite Downgrades, Health Care Showing Signs of Life
- TMC plans new multi-story hospital. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the multi-million strategic plan of Tucson Medical Center officials for the complete redesign of the facility in Tucson, Arizona. Request of the hospital for the funding of the project from the bond market; Technologies to be applied in redesigning the hospital; Upgrades to the...
- East Texas health system's bonds demoted to junk status by Moody's. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p36
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade bonds issued by the East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System to junk status. Downgrading of the company's underlying rating with a negative outlook; Factors contributing to the downgrading of the bond.
- Northeast bond-watch. Harris, Elizabeth; Hoffman, David; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p25
Presents updates relevant to the municipal bond market in the Northeastern States for January 10, 2000. Includes the budget surplus in Connecticut; Retention of the Ca rating of the Boston Regional Medical Center in Massachusetts.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p35
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2002. Purchase of a court house building by the Cook Country Board of Commissioners; Bond rating of the Detroit Medical Center Inc.; Audit on the construction cost of the Miller Park.
- SOUTHWEST Bond Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p29
Reports developments related to bond market across the Southwestern States. Possibility of closure of the Maricopa County medical center; Allocation of federal funds to finance statewide evaluation of public school facilities in Arkansas; Provision of subsidiary payments for airlines in Kansas.
- DASNY Clears $729M for Medical Center Projects, Refundings. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p3
The article reports that board of the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) has approved $729 million of tax-exempt and taxable bonds during its meeting. The measure is intended for capital projects and refundings for two medical centers. The proceed of the bonds will be use for...
- Detroit Medical Center considers private placement for Y2K bonds. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p3
Focuses on Detroit Medical Center's plan to sell bonds through a private placement. Plans of the health care system to spend the bond proceeds to finance its Year 2000 compliance effort; Amount and date of bond sales for Detroit Medical Center.
- Detroit Medical Center Prepares to Enter Market After 10 Year Absence. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p8
The article reports on the planned $340 million bond sale by the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan. The medical center's finance team is aiming for the sale but is willing to delay the sale until it sees attractive interest rates and yield curves and sufficient investor interest in...
- OHIO: A Negative Affirmation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32659, p9
The article reports on the affirmation of Southwest General Health Center's A2 credit and the revision of its outlook to negative from stable by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Ohio. The rating affirmation and the outlook revision impacts a $29 million of outstanding debt issued through...