McCarthy Selected to Succeed Taylor as FSA Holdings' President, COO
- McCarthy elected to board of FSA holdings. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p28
Reports on the election of Financial Security Assurance chief operating officer Sean W. McCarthy to the board of the firm's parent company, Financial Security Assurance Holdings. Job description; Career highlights.
- Seeking 'Balance' in Life, Roger Taylor Steps Down as FSA President, COO. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p35
Reports the retirement of chief operating officer Roger K. Taylor of Financial Security Assurance Holdings in the United States. Continuance of service as chairman of bond insurer; Role of Taylor in the success of the firm; Experiences of Taylor in the financial industry.
- FSA's McCarthy Named Chairman of AFGI. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p7
The article reports on the election of Sean W. McCarthy, president and chief operating officer of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., as chairman of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI). The AFGI represents the insurers and reinsurers of municipal bonds and asset-backed...
- Financial Security Assurance Holdings' Income Up, New Muni Business Down. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p7
The article reports that Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. has posted a net income of $91.5 million for the third quarter of 2006. The report implies a 24% increase from the same period, when the company repatriated earnings from a Bermuda-based subsidiary and accounted for the...
- DEPFA Holding Names CIFG's Freed as CEO. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p6
Reports on the appointment of Michael Freed as chief executive officer and global heal of financial guaranty products at DEPFA's Financial Guaranty Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. Career history of Freed; Plans of Freed for the company; Establishment of a corporate structure.
- FSA Sees Double-Digit Declines in Yearly, Quarterly Profits. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p7
The article reports that Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSAH) profits has decreased from 378.6 million dollars in 2004 to 326.1 million dollars in 2005. The reasons behind the company's decreased profits were discussed. FSAH company president and CEO Robert Cochran stated that the...
- FSA Reports 18% Drop in Fourth-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p6
Reports on the fourth quarter net income of New York-based guarantor Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., holding company for bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of February 11, 2003. Comparison of incomes with those in 2001 and 2002; Multi-million dollar expenses reflected...
- Financial Security Assurance Sees a Rise In Core Earnings, But Suffers a Net Loss. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the first quarter of 2000. Adjusted book value; Operating net income; Realized capital losses.
- Ellen Maddock joins fsa health care group. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p2
Reports on Financial Security Assurance's hiring of Ellen Maddock as a vice president and credit analyst in its municipal health care finance group. Career background.