Judge Dismisses Challenge to Chicago Stadium Renovation
- Chicago Parks Group Goes to Court to Block Soldier Field Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p6
Reports that Friends of the Park, a Chicago, Illinois-based parks advocacy group, has filed a lawsuit against the Chicago Plan Commission's approval of a renovation to Soldier Field. Violation of a city law that protects the Lake Michigan shoreline; Grounds of the lawsuit; Renovation plan for...
- Chicago to move highway to make a lakefront park. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/28/94, Vol. 233 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the approval by the Chicago Plan Commission of a proposal to move a part of Lake Shore Drive back from Lake Michigan to create a lakefront park. Deadline for the project; Details of the proposal; Design by Teng & Associates Inc., T.Y. Lin International/BASCOR Incorporated.
- Redevelopment on trial Fulton, William // Planning;Oct1988, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p6
No abstract available.
- Litigating in theory. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p94
Provides advice on how to create a successful litigation theory. Legal theory as a vehicle for a powerful theory; Impact of the evidence; Importance of evidence.
- Good ways to lose. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;Dec94, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p93
Focuses on trial blunders that makes a lawyer lose a case. Preparation of the case; Wrong theory of the case; Game plan; Belief in clients' statements; Witness interview; Client advocacy; Impression of star witness; Preparation of witness for cross examination.
- California: Redevelopment Lawsuit Filed. // GPP eNews;7/22/2011, p7
The article reports about the lawsuit filed by the California Redevelopment Agency Association and the California League of Cities to overturn an approved budget that violates Proposition 22, a law that does not allow diversion of redevelopment funds.
- Pair of Lawsuits May Complicate Downtown Redevelopment Plans. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p10
The article focuses on filing two lawsuits against San Diego, California's downtown redevelopment agency.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT. // Planning (14672073);4/30/2010, Issue 1866, p21
The article discusses a court case wherein a plant storehouse in North London that has been used as a scrap yard was allowed to operate permanently after an inspector assessed that the area where the depot is located does not impede the site's future redevelopment .
- Developer's classroom obligation retained. // Planning (14672073);5/14/2010, Issue 1868, p18
The article discusses an appeal case wherein inspector Susan Holland refused to give a planning obligation related to the residential development of an area near Bristol, England.