News In Brief: CPI Falls 0.3%; Core Rate Up 0.2%
- Consumer price index. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p26
Presents a chart related to consumer price index in Ireland for mid-January 1999.
- News In Brief: Median CPI Up 0.4%,Cleveland Fed Says. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p2
Reports on a rise in the U.S. median consumer price index (CPI) in October 2001. Calculation of the median CPI by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland; Definition of median CPI.
- August CPI, Core Rate Up. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p2
Reports the state of the index for consumer prices during August in the U.S. Increase in the core rate of the index; Impact of continued increase in energy prices and clothing costs on consumer price index.
- Cleveland Fed: Median CPI Up. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p2
Reports the increase of the median consumer price index in the U.S.
- Few Signs Of Life From Domestic Consumer. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on a slight recovery in the consumer price index of Mexico from 81.8% in March 2010 to 82.5% in April.
- A tale of two economies. Frey, Rod // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p17
Discusses a report on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) issued by Statistics Canada during the week of March 1, 1993. Inflation ran at 1.5 percent for 1992, down from 5.6 percent in 1991; Increase in `services' category; Rise in overall `goods' category; Comparison between regulated and...
- After four long decades, deflation. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p12
States that for the first time in 41 years, there was a drop in across the board consumer prices in Canada. Details of statistics compiled by Statistics Canada; Impact of the passage of the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- Construction costs: No inflation here. Hoyt, C.K. // Architectural Record;May1989, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p42
Summarizes building construction costs and lists historical building cost indexes from 1977 through 1988.
- Fact and fancy: CPI biases and the federal budget. Klumpner, Jim // Business Economics;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
Examines the presence of bias in the consumer price index (CPI). Alleged causes of bias in CPI; Substitution bias; Formula bias and outlet bias; Quality change bias and new products bias; CPI's effect on the federal budget.