What you thought
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;9/4/2007, p2
The article presents the result of a public opinion poll about diversity in human resource management (HR). According to the poll result, 59 percent people thinks that diversity should be taken away from HR while 41 percent thinks the other way round.
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;2/28/2006, p3
The article presents results of a public opinion poll conducted in Great Britain to determine whether employers should request diversity information from their suppliers and partners or not. 55% responded negatively while 45% replied positively.
- Top SHRM Chapters Honored with Pinnacles. Gurchiek, Kathy // HR Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p101
Reports on the Society for Human Resource Management chapters in the U.S. that received the Pinnacle Awards during the 2004 Leadership Conference held on November 18-20, 2004 in Arlington, Virginia. Background on the programs of the chapters involving workplace violence prevention, promotion of...
- Finding common ground for all ages. Niemiec, Susan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p81
Offers personnel management tips for employers with age-diversified workforce. Factors that created age diversity in the workplace; Differences in generations' work ethics, values and skills; Communication-related problems.
- 10 Lenses. Williams, Mark // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
Advises executives on to organize their employees' work in relation to cultural differences. Adoption of the lifestyles, values, customs and languages of the majority; Need for racial and ethnic groups to detach from the dominant culture to survive, rebuild or maintain their traditions.
- The harsh reality of diversity programs. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce;Dec98, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p26
Reveals the pitfalls of diversity programs of corporations in the United States. Comments from industry officials; Complaints from minorities and women employees; Things that human resource (HR) personnel need to do.
- Working with a diverse workforce. Yager, Ed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/07/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p14
Discusses the advantages of workforce diversity in personnel management of business enterprises. Relation of the author's experience of dining out in a restaurant with a diverse workforce; Presence of the principles of good leadership within a diverse workforce; Inevitable conflicts between...
- easing tensions between parent and non-parent employees. Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Nov2000, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on how to resolve differences between parents and non-parent employees. Case of parent workers; Common complaints from non-parent workers; Supervisory solutions to ease the tension between the two groups.
- Manage diversity or its benefits may be lost. Dennehy, Robert F. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p15
Offers businesses tips for managing a diverse staff. Linking all diversity efforts to practical business goals; Introducing formal diversity programs; Praising the staff for good work.