A day in the life of Terri Wolfe: Maintaining corporate
- Patagonia appoints 3 senior execs. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/8/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 26, p19
Reports that Ventura, California-based clothing manufacturer Patagonia Inc. has appointed three senior executives to its senior management team.
- Patagonia will in Europa wachsen. Hackenberg, Andrea // Textilwirtschaft;7/11/2013, Issue 28, p138
The appointment of Dennis Meyers and Joakim Gip to the management committee of U.S. outdoor clothing and equipment manufacturing company Patagonia is announced, along with the company's plans for increased European expansion in 2013.
- Patagonia, from the ground up. Wang, Jennifer // Entrepreneur;Jun2010, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p26
The article presents an interview with Yvon Chouinard, who founded the outdoor clothing and gear business Patagonia Inc. in 1974. When asked why the global recession did not harm Patagonia, Chouinard says that he thinks the key to surviving in a conservative economy is quality. He comments on...
- Retaining employees: The new rules. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p123
Offers advice on retaining employees. Means of compensating employees; Disadvantages of using counter offers.
- Quality Hires. Salzwedel, David // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Advises executives on hiring the best job applicants. Use of an automated assessment tools; Asking of candidates to write a one-page report on some aspect of a certain business or industry that will force them to do some research.
- HOT Training. Sisson, Gary R. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
Discusses the procedures of implementing successful hands-on training for employees. Reviewing of notes for inexperienced person; Introduction of the subject and discussion of its importance; Evaluation of the performance of the employees during the training.
- Loyal Employees or the Revolving Door? Weiss, Joyce // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p17
Offers suggestions on how managers can keep loyal employees. Importance of communication; Use of positive works and constructive feedback; Awards system.
- Retaining People. Kaye, Beverly // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
Enumerates personnel management strategies for retaining good employees according to the author's book `Love 'Em or Lose 'Em,'. Importance of asking what prompted employees to quit; Questions to consider in personnel management rules; Examination of whether a business supports the career growth...
- Becoming a Talent Magnet. Lee, David // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Present personnel management strategies to help businesses attract talented employees. Improvement of the quality of internal operations; Assessment of how well a company's management team treats employees; Importance of assessing a company's ability to satisfy the needs of internal customers.