HR by the numbers
- News poll. // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p18
Features the human resources-related questions posed to users of `Workforce' Web site and their answers.
- Honoring HR's Brightest Lights. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the Optimas Awards of `Workforce' magazine designed to honor human resources practitioners. Meaning of the word optimas; Award categories; Date set for the awards' presentation.
- Optimas 2001. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p33
Looks at the companies receiving the 2001 Optimas Awards from `Workforce' magazine for their excellence in human resources management. Qualities of the Optimas awardees; Meaning of the Latin word optimas; Way to nominate an organization for the Optimas award.
- HR by the Numbers. Bryan, Nancy Wong // Workforce;Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p94
Focuses on the results of the Day in the Life of HR, a survey of human resources (HR) professionals, conducted by the `Workforce' magazine for the year 2000. Statistical results; Worst crisis that HR professionals ever faced first thing in the morning; Company policies violated by HR professionals.
- Optimas 2000. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on `Workforce' magazine's 2000 Optimas Awards, an award that honors the excellence of business organizations in terms of personnel management. Role of human resources management in the success of companies; Mission of the Optimas Awards; Process of choosing the awardees.
- From Our Editors. // Workforce;Nov2013, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p4
The article informs that annual Human Resource (HR) Technology Conference & Exposition was attended by editors of the journal "Workforce" from October 6-9, 2013. It also presents two letters to the editor on the article "Absorbing the Lessons of a Five-Year Plan" by managing editor Rick Bell in...
- In search of the perfect leader. // Workforce;Jan1999, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p25
Presents information from the survey `Major Issues Impacting People Management,' conducted by the Human Resource Institute (HRI) at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. Leadership challenge in most organizations; Factors affecting changes in business environments; Second most important...
- A common-sense guide to personnel management. McGuire, James W. // Point of Beginning;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Presents tips on how to be an effective survey manager. Treating people the way one wants to be treated; Hiring the best people; Being aware of staff members' individual capabilities; Providing ongoing education.
- HR professionals name the critical issues for the '90s. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p23
Reports on CCH Inc.'s `1994 Survey of Issues Impacting Human Resources' which shows that health care is the biggest concern by personnel directors in the United States for the remainder of the 1990s. Other issues considered by personnel directors as critical issues for the future.