A day in the life of Jim Thomas: Moving HR from control to
- Disasters, damages, and trial by jury. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/91, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p740
Presents a speech by Jim Thomas, `Disasters, Damages, and Trial by Jury,' delivered to the Rotary Club of Savannah East in Savannah, Georgia, on May 31, 1991, dealing with the issue of the common-sense judgment of the community as represented by the jury.
- 'Merry Christmas' greeting banned in Manila airport. // Asian Pacific Post;12/16/2010, p13
The article reports on a directive prohibiting immigration officers at the main international airport in the Philippines from wishing passengers a Merry Christmas to avoid the impression that the officers were soliciting Christmas gifts from passengers.
- Thank you, Delta's Richard W. Holmes, Genma Stringer // Tennessee Tribune;3/3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p4A
The author reflects on her experience of encountering a baggage clerk named Richard W. at the airport in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Philippines. // Asian Pacific Post;12/27/2008, p32
This section offers news briefs in the Philippines, including banning Manila airport workers from wishing travellers a Merry Christmas.
- About face. Rogers, Patrick; Wescott, Gail Cameron // People;06/08/98, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p119
Profiles Jim Thomas, who hired a lawyer to appeal the case of Wayne Cservak, whom Thomas had helped convict of child molestation. Reasons why Thomas helped free Cservak; Pressure he felt from other jury members; Comments.
- Jim Thomas, 1930-2009. Benevento, Joe // Green Hills Literary Lantern;2009, Issue 20, p10
Presents an obituary for poet Jim Thomas.
- Smiles, tears, and anger, too. Thomas, Jim // School Library Journal;Jan95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p46
States that the author, after 15 years of teaching adults to become schools librarians, chose to leave academia behind and return to the field. What his goal was; What he wanted to learn; Several of the more important insights he gained from working with `at risk' children--and adults.
- Exec returns to D'Works. Johnson, Ted // Variety;11/25/96, Vol. 365 Issue 4, p87
Reports on Jim Thomas' return to DreamWorks. Skepticism to the role Thomas will play.
- OBITUARIES. // Automotive News;10/12/2015, Vol. 89 Issue 6694, p0034
The article presents an obituary for former automotive dealer Jim Thomas.