A day in the life of HR
- In search of the perfect leader. // Workforce;Jan1999, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p25
Presents information from the survey `Major Issues Impacting People Management,' conducted by the Human Resource Institute (HRI) at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. Leadership challenge in most organizations; Factors affecting changes in business environments; Second most important...
- A common-sense guide to personnel management. McGuire, James W. // Point of Beginning;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Presents tips on how to be an effective survey manager. Treating people the way one wants to be treated; Hiring the best people; Being aware of staff members' individual capabilities; Providing ongoing education.
- HR professionals name the critical issues for the '90s. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p23
Reports on CCH Inc.'s `1994 Survey of Issues Impacting Human Resources' which shows that health care is the biggest concern by personnel directors in the United States for the remainder of the 1990s. Other issues considered by personnel directors as critical issues for the future.
- Trendsetters. Clake, Rebecca // People Management;8/12/2010, p35
An online survey of human resources trends launched on the web site of the British organization Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is announced.
- Execs Peg Cutbacks as Number One Human Resource Problem. Bov&rgrave;, Robert // Training & Development Journal;Apr87, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p15
Cites findings of a survey conducted by Goodrich & Sherwood Co. for the investigation of principal human resource problems in 1987. Identification of personnel cutbacks and staff downsizing as the principal human resource problem; Acknowledgement of the recruitment and motivation of skilled...
- Salary monitor. // Personnel Today;3/5/2002, p54
Presents a survey on human resource (HR) salary. Types of HR positions; Divisions of company; Comparison of salary between executives.
- Bizarre Employee Requests. // Credit Union Management;Feb2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
The article lists some bizarre employee requests gathered from the recent CareerBuilder survey of more than 2,900 hiring executives.
- Survey shows HR in transition. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce;Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p73
Focuses on the findings of a `Workforce' survey `A Day in the Life of HR' on the transition of human resources from administrative support function to strategic partner. Details on the survey; Crisis management; Decrease in the time spent on administrivia. INSETS: HR at the table: Best...
- Oops! HR's biggest mistakes. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce;Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p80
Lists the worst mistakes made in the course of their work confessed by respondents to the `A Day in the Life of HR' survey.