- MALCOLM KNOWLES ON... Knowles, Malcolm // Training & Development Journal;Mar1980, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the art of employee training. 'Program Design' project of the Los Angeles, California chapter of the American Society for Training and Development; Analogy with the concepts of line, space, tone, texture and rhythm; Problems with most training programs.
- CREATING ENERGY FOR THE '80s. Musick, Craig D. // Training & Development Journal;Feb80, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p24
Reveals the author's plans as president of the American Society for Training and Development in 1980. Professional development of employee training personnel; Proposed constitution for the National Academy for Training and Development; Strategic Planning Committee's progress in defining future...
- The Fear Factor in Training. Douglas, Thomas W. // Training & Development Journal;Jun66, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p41
Presents a case study in building training morale based on the experience of the Milk Industry Foundation in the U.S. Extent of the element of fear in training programs; Reasons for training failure; Challenges to indoctrination; Physical arrangements of training sessions; Tension reducers.
- LEMONADE STAND. // Finance Week;10/13/2000, p32
Presents information on The Boom Room business forum and The Skills Factory training company in South Africa. Aim of the forum to help established business people to exchange ideas; Skills Factory's provision of training to empower workers and reduce illiteracy.
- The complexities of teaching employees all they need to know about Stage II can be made easier. // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p11
Reports on Texas Oil Marketers Association's training kit for marketers and their employees about Stage II. Hours of training required; Material provided upon completion of training; Package price.
- PAGE FOUR... Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1980, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p4
Interviews employee training specialist Pat Pinto. Survey of members of the American Society of Training and Development; Publication of 'A Study of Professional Training and Development Roles and Competencies'; Training specialists' identification with the organization development function.
- NAIMA Sponsors Online Training. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/12/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the sponsorship of the online training program by the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association in the U.S.
- New Orleans companies granted $6.9M in job training. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the provision of grants to several companies by the New Orleans Regional Chamber of Commerce and Metro Vision and the Louisiana Department of Labor. Amount given; Funding for training of employees; List of recipient companies.
- TRAINING GRANTS. // Truck & Driver;Nov2003, p7
Would-be truck drivers over 25 can now apply for a training grant but only if they already have a job. The new body Skills for Logistics (SfL) can allocate up to Â£ 2,500 to employed people for HGV training from an approved training provider. Funding is also from available to help improve...