- Thomas gains purchase on Web, but success comes at a cost. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;05/04/98, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p32
Presents information on Thomas Publishing Company, which has developed an on-line version of the Register and other business directories. Information on a join e-commerce venture with corporate businesses; Revenues of Thomas Publishing; Details on on-line products from Thomas; Comments from Tom...
- Thomas brings--register--and more--to the Web. O'Leary, Mick // Database;Jun/Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p80
Reports that Thomas Publishing Co. has placed free databases on the Web to market their products. Thomas' Register of American Manufacturers and Food Industry Register available on-line; Content and search capabilities of the Thomas Register of European Manufacturers.
- Thomas to launch web industrial directory. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;02/23/98, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p14
Reports that on March 16, 1998, Thomas Publishing Company will launch an industrial product news and locator service. Contents of the Product News Network (PNN) service; Information on the organization of the PNN site; Indication that registered users are not charged for utilizing the site;...
- Thomas Publishing. Conhaim, Wallys W. // Link-Up;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
Features the Thomas Publishing Company, publisher of the Thomas Register of American Manufacturers. History on the beginnings of the company; Information on the Web sites of Thomas; Thomas' publications as advertiser-driven; Updates on developments as of July 1998. INSETS: Stepping stones on...
- Window cleaning safety. // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p64
Reports that the American Society of Mechanical Engineers International has proposed a revision of its A39 Standard. Effects of the changes on building owners; Who should established window cleaning procedures. INSET: Using key control..
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers symposium. // Airpower Journal;Spring91, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p93
Announces the American Society of Mechanical Engineers' symposium on arms control and verification slated for May 21-22, 1991 in New Mexico.
- Mechanical engineers seek nominees for safety award. // Professional Safety;Aug95, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the search by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for nominees for the 1996 ASME-Triodyne Safety Award. Contact information.
- ASME publishes overall powerplant PTC. Swanekamp, Robert // Power;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p18
Highlights the first performance test code (PTC) of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers published more than 100 years ago. Details on the explicit provided for determining efficiency of individual plant component; Contact information.
- Engineers call for papers. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug94, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the call for papers issued by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for its 1995 fall technical conference. Topics; Deadline for submission.