Results of Negotiated Sales
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p33
Reports developments related to bond packages as of May 2002 in the U.S. Influence of election outcome to bond registration; Proposal to establish system regional high schools; Legislation session to finance transportation and education; Details on the sale of tax revenue anticipation notes.
- Wealthy Chicago Suburban School District Downgraded. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p3
Reports the downgrade of bonds in the school district of Chicago, Illinois. Amount of bond issue on the Cook County suburban district; Increase of tax revenues in district by referendum; Use of bonds by school districts to make up for revenue short falls.
- Commercial arena drives 14% increase in sales tax. Rutherford, Megan // Inside Tucson Business;10/27/97, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p1
Reports about the increase in the contracting sales tax revenues of Tucson city. Reason for the revenue increase according to Bill Maxwell of the city of Tucson Department of Finance's revenue division; Findings about contracting market; Percentage of sales tax increase for contracting from...
- Texas' Bexar County Delays $103M Sale Until After Labor Day. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/26/2008, Vol. 265 Issue 32948, p5
The article announces the postponement of Bexar County, Texas' $103 million authorized venue-tax revenue bonds until the week ending September 6, 2008. The county decided to wait for the pricing with wrapping of rating reports and a tax revenue analysis. It notes that venue tax is levied on...
- Oklahoma Governor Makes Local Bond Issues Less Taxing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p4
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed a law that will exempt local bond issues from state income taxes. List of agencies benefiting from the law; Factors blamed for the delay in its passage; Difficulties in quantifying the amount of foregone tax revenue.
- FUNCTIONAL FORMS AND THE ESTIMATION OF A STATE'S SALES TAX REVENUE: TENNESSEE AS A CASE STUDY . Chang, Hui S. // Annals of Regional Science;Jul79, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p8
Problems of specifying a proper functional form for estimating sales tax revenues of a state are discussed. A general functional form is introduced, in which linear and log-linear forms are special cases. The maximum likelihood approach and data for Tennessee are used to estimate parameters tn...
- Tight standards, slam economy. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/15/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p14A
The author reflects on the plan of the Nassau's comptroller to audit sales tax gap between what the county thought it would get in sales tax revenue and what it is actually netting. According to the author, the difference will continue to widen as gas prices increase. The author said that the...
- Illinois Revises Fiscal 2003 Budget Estimate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p4
Reports that the Illinois budget officials have revised the fiscal 2003 budget estimate. Reason for revision of the revenue estimates; Basis of the fiscal budget; Estimated individual income and sales tax revenues for the year.
- Virginia Lawmakers Find an Extra $300M in Tax Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p6
Reports on the revision of the revenue projections for a tax-revision package by officials in Virginia. Impact of the bill on the state's car tax; Increase in the sales tax rate; Ban in the scheduled reduction in the car tax.