- The Bond Buyer indexes. // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p4
Presents several graphs on bond indexes in the United States. Includes 20-bond index; 11-bond index; Revenue bond index.
- Municipal Bond Index. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p39
Presents market statistics related to municipal bond index of the U.S. capital market as of February 11, 2002. Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index; Municipal bond index for the previous week.
- Weekly Yields Decline With Holiday-Shortened Week. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2006, Vol. 352 Issue 32514, p44
The article reports on the decline in the weekly yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" in the U.S. According to Fred Yosca, managing director and head of trading in BNY Capital Markets Inc., the market has been unchanged and this could mark the beginning of the year-end supply-demand imbalance. The...
- Yields Decline This Week in a Mix of Good and Bad. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/17/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 27, p11
The article reports that the weekly yield indexes of the Bond Buyer has declined in a week in July 2009. According to Fred Yosca, managing director of BNY Capital Markets Inc., the decline is primarily due to the failing Treasury market. An overview of the market trading in a week is provided,...
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Rise as Munis Weaken During Week's Sessions. Scarchilli, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p7
The article reports on the increase of most of "The Bond Buyer" magazine's weekly yield indexes of the U.S. municipal market as of August 29, 2008. This could be attributed to its underperformance and for giving up some of its relative value versus taxables over the course of the week. The...
- Wrong decision for the right reasons. Pichardo, Raquel // Pensions & Investments;4/2/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that PIMCO's $99.7 billion Core Plus Total Return fund underperformed due to inept decisions taken by its portfolio managers. Jon Short, senior vice president at Pacific Investment Management Co., stated that the portfolio returned 4.16% in 2006, underperforming the Lehman...
- GUARANTEED EQUITY BONDS. // Money Marketing;4/13/2006, p63
The article evaluates the two equity bonds offered in Europe. The capital-protected bond offers return of 9.75 percent of original investment in the first year. The second capital-protected bond is linked to the performance of the Nikkei 225 index with 150 percent return at the end of the term.
- Neutrality of equity market neutral strategy to period and index. Muhtaseb, Majed R; Colborn, Robert 'Eric' // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;Nov2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p301
This study examines the performance of equity market neutral (EMN) hedge funds by estimating alpha and beta, using monthly excess returns of the Fidelity Investments Spartanï¿½ US Bond Index Fund,1 the S&P 500 index and two indices of EMN strategies. The study investigates how much exposure...
- 'No Free Lunch' with Bonds, Analyst Notes. Levaux, Janet // Research;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the reduction of the Barclays Capital Inc., Aggregate Bond Index in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2008. Result of the study conducted by Thomson Reuters Lippers in Denver, Colorado shows that the aggregate bond index of the company fell 1.02% in the second quarter,...