IOWA: One-Day Breakthrough
- Money Money Money... // TIPRO Target Newsletter;1/15/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the official estimate of revenues issued by state comptroller Susan Combs in Texas. The report, called the official Biennial Revenue Estimate or BRE, will be significant to the 81st Regular Session of the Texas Legislature. It would create an overall level for funds...
- Tough Choices, Shared Sacrifice. State of California finally has a buget! // La Prensa San Diego;2/20/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the move of the California Assembly to close $41 million budget deficit in the country. The fiscal package enacts the state budget for the fiscal year 2009-2010 and balances the current 2008-2009 budget, which has seen a steep drop in expected revenues due to the national...
- Budgeting and more... Cassell, Merrill // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p22
Presents an experience with budgeting. Failure of older costing and budgeting systems; Benefits from information technology; Best alternative to detailed annual or biannual budgets.
- N.Y. counties, recovering, fall back on different solutions. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p40
Reports on the different approaches of New York state counties to utilizing revenues for economic restoration. Observations of panel featuring representatives from Erie, Suffolk and Onondaga counties; Question of what to do with revenues from the national tobacco settlement.
- Lawmakers Seek Easing of Deficit Law. Montague, William // Education Week;3/11/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p11
The article reports on the search of relief from the strict deficit targets set out in the Gramm-Rudman-Holling budget-balancing law by the U.S. Congress. Several influential Democrats are advocating a retreat from the law's goal of balancing the federal budget by 1991. Education groups are also...
- Standing at the ready. Holloway, Paul // New Hampshire Business Review;6/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p20
In this article the author discusses the gaming revenue during the fiscal 2009 in the state of New Hampshire. He cites the Lottery Commission's disappointment on the 8 percent decrease of the state's gaming revenue and on how the economic recession affects the state's revenue expectations. He...
- The Netherlands: New Legislation Limiting the Deduction of Interest on Excessively Financed Participations. Flipsen, Peter H. M.; Burgers, Onno // International Tax Journal;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p5
The article presents information on the limitation in the deduction of interest on the excessively financed participations in the Netherlands by their Ministry of Finance. The limitation aims at saving revenue by reducing the budget deficit in the year 2013. Information on the legislation by the...
- Arizona's Capitol Idea: Sell Its Buildings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33179, p4
The article reports on the budget bill signed by Governor Jan Brewer to sell state buildings in Arizona to reduce its worst revenue deficit in 2009. It mentions that it was the first time for Arizona to use its revenue to cover the general financial operations. The rating company Standard &...
- Chapter 5. Budget. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2001, p26
Deals with the budget situation in Montenegro in 2001. Comparison between the level of budget revenues in May and September; Total revenues of the country from January to September; Different revenue categories accomplishment in the country and their impact on total revenues trend.