INDIANA: Bethlehem Fallout
- MATSQUI FIRST NATION PROPERTY TAX EXPENDITURE BY-LAW BY-LAW NO. 2005-01. // First Nations Gazette;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p106
The article presents a resolution of the Property Tax Expenditure By-Law No. 2005-01, enacted by Matsqui First Nation Council on August 2, 2005 in British Columbia, pursuant to the Indian Act, R.S.C. 1985 and in specific subsections 83(1) and (2). The purpose of this by-law is to establish...
- POPKUM FIRST NATION TAXATION BY-LAW 2005. // First Nations Gazette;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p247
The article presents a resolution of the Property Taxation By-law 2005 enacted by Popkum First Nation on October 27, 2005 at Chilliwack, British Columbia, pursuant to subsection 83(1) of the Indian Act, R.S.C. 1985, c.1-5. Its purpose is for the taxation of the local purposes of land, interests...
- MUSQUEAM INDIAN BAND PROPERTY TAX EXPENDITURE BY-LAW BY-LAW NO. 2005-01. // First Nations Gazette;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p170
The article presents a resolution of the Property Tax Expenditure By-Law No. 2005-01, enacted by the Council of Musqueam Indian Band Property Assessment and Taxation By-laws on July 11, 2005 in British Columbia, pursuant to Indian Act, R.S.C. 1985 subsections 83(1) and (2) which is effective on...
- TRANSMUTATION OF LARGE DORMANT INDUSTRIAL PLANT...FOR NEW JOBS AND TAX RATABLES. Jewett, C. Lincoln // Economic Development Review;Fall88, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p59
Focuses on Bethlehem Steel Corp.'s reuse program which would optimize the financial returns from the Lacakawanna property, provide jobs, a tax base and other benefits to the community. Objectives of the program; Implementation; Insights from the redevelopment of Bethlehem Steel plant.
- Bethlehem develops radioactive scrap contamination detector. // Metal Center News;Mar1998, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p91
Announces that Bethlehem Steel Corporation, has developed a system for scanning scrap-loaded rail-road cars to detect possible radioactive contamination. What the system is designed to prevent; Features of the system; How the system works.
- Take a hike. Gunsch, D. // Personnel Journal;Feb92, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p16
Gives details on a program at Bethlehem Steel Corp. designed by wellness consultant Denice Ferko-Adams. Employees who walk during lunch breaks partake of the program which uses a theme and vivid descriptions of sights, sounds and smells encountered on an imaginary trail to help the employees...
- Bethlehem steel recognizes excellent safety performance. // Professional Safety;Jun98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p75
Reports that Lackawanna New York Galvanized Products' Burns Harbor Division and Bethlehem Pennsylvania Steel Corporation's Subsidiary Railroad Companies, were awarded the firm's Chairman's Award for Safety Excellence. Comments made by Bethlehem chief executive officer, Curtis Barnette, during...
- Bethlehem Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. // Metal Center News;Nov2001, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p49
Reports the filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Bethlehem Steel Corp. in Maryland. Amount of operating losses incurred by the company; Decline in the demands for products and services; Protection from creditors.
- Irony in iron ore. Kimelman, John // FW;3/28/95, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p64
Features integrated steel producer Bethlehem Steel. Reorganization; Financial performance; Projected earnings.