Albuquerque's Minor League Project Awaits Major League Nod
- Minnesota Relaxes Its Stance on Publicly Funded Ballparks. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p28
Focuses on the publicly financed ballpark plans of Minnesota. Opposition to public subsidy for stadiums; Issuance of general obligation bonds; Changes in sales tax imposition to finance construction of stadium.
- Milwaukee council panel approves selling bonds to pay stadium costs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p7
Reports on the approval of the sale of bonds to help Milwaukee, Wisconsin come up with its $9 million share of infrastructure costs at the Brewers' ballpark. Addition of the bonds to the city's regular fall sale of general obligation bonds; Repayment of the debt through parking revenues.
- High bids to delay Ohio ballpark bonds. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30428, p34
Reports that Dayton, Ohio, will have to delay the sale of its taxable bonds to finance a minor-league baseball stadium because bids from firms seeking to build the ballpark were higher than the city's estimate. Lowest bid for the construction work; Possible rebidding of the contract; Bonds...
- '16-for-16' San Diego Readies Ballpark Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31316, p4
Focuses on the plan of San Diego, California to invest in bonds in order to finance the development of a baseball field. Court cases filed against the city to stop the financing plans; Law suits filed by the city.
- Florida High Court OKs Baseball Bond Validation. Sigo, Shelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/29/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 40, p11
The article reports on the approval of the validation of 29 million dollars baseball bonds by high courts in Florida.
- Padres Ballpark Deal Put on Hold Again as Lawsuit Seeks Another Vote. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p36
Reports that deal of issuing multi million dollars in lease revenue bonds to finance baseball stadium for the Padres in San Diego, California has been put on hold. Reason for delaying the issue of bonds; Several lawsuits filed against the baseball fields; Issues related to lawsuit filed against...
- OKLAHOMA: Ballpark Design:Thumbs-Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p9
The article reports on the move of Tulsa Stadium Trust to approve the exterior design of the city's new downtown ballpark in Oklahoma. It states that the ballpark is being financed in part with proceeds from $25 million of general obligation bonds supported by an annual assessment on property...
- Milwaukee ballpark refunding ready to go. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30316, p39
Reports on the Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District's decision to authorize the financial officials of the Milwaukee Brewers ball park project to refund $100 million of outstanding debt. Amount the district is paying to help finance the project.
- Debt Sale, Long-Term Lease Key Plan for St. Louis Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31100, p5
Reports that the Greater Saint Louis Sports Authority would issue 250 million dollars of bonds to help finance construction of a ballpark. Structure of the bonds; Other sources of financing.