New York County Lawmaker: Official Should Resign Over Fiscal 'Shell Game'
- Pittsburgh to State: Don't Call Us Distressed Now. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;11/6/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33809, p3
The article informs that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania urges a state agency to improve its status by removing "distressed" status as now the city has improved its mistakes regarding missing payrolls and junk bonds.
- Munis Gain, Following Treasuries; Unemployment Level Falls to 5.9%. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p2
Reports on the growth of municipal bonds in New York City. Launch of retail order period on general obligation bonds; Revision of non-farm payrolls; Employment report.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p2
Presents news items related to economic developments in the U.S., as of January 13, 2003. Decline in payrolls of the U.S. labor market; Rise in future inflation gauge of U.S.; Upgradation of general revenue bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc.
- Short and Intermediate Munis Slip Due to Productivity Data Pressure. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32064, p2
The article reports that municipal bond prices in the short and intermediate range slipped yesterday, as productivity data pressured the market at the start of trading and many participants assumed a defensive stance ahead of a key January non-farm payrolls report due today. The monthly payrolls...
- Municipals Quiet as Traders Digest Recent Rally, Wait for Payroll Data. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p2
This article presents information related to the municipal market in the U.S. which was firm in muted trading, as participants positioned themselves ahead of the May nonfarm payrolls report, while adjusting to the new prices produced by a breakaway rally. Traders said bond prices improved...
- Munis End Off as Philly Fed Chair Downplays Effect of Payroll Report. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p2
Reports developments in the U.S. bond market. Decline in municipal bond trading; Total number of new jobs in March 2005; Growth in monthly employment;
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of February 9, 2004. Rise in consumer credit at an annualized rate based from the Federal Reserve Board; Predictions for an increase in the payroll level which made impacts on decreasing unemployment rates; Referendum passed by the...
- Munis Weaker After December Payrolls Data. Posner, Matthew; Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal market for January 5, 2007. According to the report, the higher-than-expected December payrolls number had elevated the yields for the entire session pushing the municipal market to a weaker status. Traders also commented that competing with...
- Indexes Fall in Aftermath of Weak Non-Farm Payrolls Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32027, p31
The article reports on the fall in the municipal bond yield indexes in November 2004. Yields in the government market declined in the aftermath of the employment report until the auction by the Treasury of $9 billion of 10-year notes, when foreign banks failed to lend ample support. Municipals...