Tax Legislation: GFOA Lobbies Senate for Advance Refunding of Airport Debt
- Henrico Co., Va., Bond School Honored. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p2
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association has presented its 2001 Award for Excellence in Government Finance to the Henrico County, Virginia Department of Finance for its local government bond school.
- GFOA Board OKs its Bond Fee and Pension Guidance. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;2/27/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33868, p1
The article reports that Government Finance Officers Association's (GFOA) executive board has approved several best practices including bond fees, fund pension plans and evaluated the costs and benefits of internal pricing systems.
- GFOA panel adopts policy on underwriter's counsel. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's approval of a policy that recognizes the role United States issuers play in the selection of underwriters' counsel. Concerns over issuers' disclosures; Debt committee's consideration of practices on privatization of water and sewer...
- Doing More With Less. Hume, Lynn; Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p1
Focuses on plans by Monique Moyer, chairwoman of Government Finance Officers Association's debt committee, for state and local governments in the U.S. who face budget cuts and potential personnel losses. Moyer's plans to persuade bond transaction participants to create checklists for issuers...
- Discouraging Disclaimers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p1
Reports the stance of the Government Finance Officers Association committee on disclosure disclaimers in Chicago, Illinois. Exclusion of disclaimers in official statements for bond offerings; Approval of recommended policy rejecting the use of disclaimers; Concern over the disclosure disclaimer...
- GFOA Panel to SEC: Reject Web Site `Republishing' Concept. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p31
Reports the stand of a Government Finance Officers Association committee on the republishing concept of online bond-related information in the United States. Appeal for the rejection of the notion; Need for guidance for third-party information; Similarity of opinion with the National...
- GFOA Joins NABL in Call for Tax Compliance Checklist. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p5
Reports on the move of the Government Finance Officers Association to mandate that Circular 230 regulations should codify flexible written standards for state or local bond opinions in the U.S. Claim of the association on the move of issuers to welcome bond counsels use of a tax compliance...
- GFOA panel opposes disclaimer approved by TBMA this month. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p4
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association has opposed the disclaimer approved by the Bond Market Association in the United States. Voluntary inclusion of disclosure disclaimers by underwriters in bond offerings.
- Sacramento Airport Planning New $400 Million Bond-Financed Terminal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p33
Reports on plans of the Sacramento International Airport in Sacramento, California to issue $400 million revenue bonds to finance the building of a new passenger terminal at the airport. Assessment of the capacity of the airport to handle the volume of traffic; Appraisal of the credit rating of...