California Senator's Housing Bond Plan May Come Too Late
- Lawmaker pulls dollar amount from California Highway Plan. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p1
Reports on the highway bond proposal of San Francisco, California Democrat John Burton. Provisions of the bill; Detailed debate on transportation spending.
- Study Claims Bush Tax Plan Will Hurt Housing Bonds. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the possible impact of the introduction of a tax plan proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush on housing bonds issued in the country. Impact of the plan on the construction of low-income housing units; Effect of the plan on corporate investments in the housing sector; Tax...
- Negative College Housing. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p35
No abstract available.
- Three Chicago Schools Team Up For $130M Downtown Dorm Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p1
Reports that three Chicago, Illinois-based higher education institutions with downtown campuses are crafting $130 million revenue bonds issue for spring 2002 to finance a downtown student dormitory. Names of the competitive schools that joined together; Treasurer of the project; Location...
- Travis County, Texas, Defined Area to Sell $6.8M in Infrastructure Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p37
Reports the marketing of the general obligation bonds by the Water Control and Improvement District Number 17 in Travis County, Texas. Construction of the residential community; Reimbursement of expenses; Assessment of long-term outstanding debt.
- Report: Long-Standing Rent Freeze Adding Fuel to Section 8 'Upheaval'. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/5/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31401, p34
Reports the effects of the freeze on rents in section 8 housing projects on uninsured multifamily bonds in the U.S. Applicability of the freeze on rents; Impact of the rent freeze on the fall of section 8 developments; Danger of default on uninsured section 8 bonds of local housing finance...
- Debt-Backing Program Gives Boost to Florida Housing Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31415, p3
Reports the implementation of bonds issues for affordable multifamily housing projects under the credit enhancement program in Florida. Construction of a 260-unit, low income housing project in Volusia County; Provision of capital for affordable housing; Increase in the number of local issuers...
- Report: Liberty Bond Project Developers Were Big Donors. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p4
Reports the donation of the two developers in residential towers for Liberty bond financing in New York City. Total amount of contributions; Importance of the program in special private-activity bonds for housing; Effect on the delay of bond issuance.
- PHA to Issue Bonds. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the selling of the revenue bonds of the Philadelphia Housing Authority in Pennsylvania. Use of the proceeds; Reconstruction of various houses; Modernization of rental properties.