News In Brief: Midwest Manufacturing Slips to 148.6
- Abbey to link proc fees to quality of business. Thomas, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/19/2012, p7
The article reports on the changes made in the procuration fees by the company Abbey to pay to the brokers. It stated that the company will range from 33 basis points (bps) to 40bps under new system. It mentions that the procuration fees will be set at account level by considering business...
- A MODEL OF VENTURE CAPITALIST INVESTMENT ACTIVITY. Tyebjee, Tyzoon T.; Bruno, Albert V. // Management Science;Sep84, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1051
The paper describes the activities of venture capitalists as an orderly process involving five sequential steps. These are (1) Deal Origination: The processes by which deals enter into consideration as investment prospects, (2) Deal Screening: A delineation of key policy variables which delimit...
- Merchant power takes the Northeast by storm-but for how long? Mullen, Theo // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the merchant capacity which is being planned for the Northeast of the United States, while questioning whether regional supply-and-demand imbalance and shakeout is imminent. Information on Resource Data International (RDI) identification of merchant capacity in the planning stages in...
- Capacity utilization--everything you wanted to know. Whitney, Mike // T & P: Tooling & Production;Feb2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the utilization of capacity in the U.S. manufacturing. Industrial capacity index; Industrial production index; Method to understand capacity utilization rate.
- Exports, housing market boost production capacity. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;12/20/2002, p1
Reports on the percentage increase in production capacity in Canada in 2002. Reasons for the increase; Chart showing industrial capacity utilization rates for the third quarter of 2002; Percentage increase in manufacturers' rate of capacity use for the third quarter of 2002.
- Lead times hit 5-yr high. Palko, Ed // Plant Engineering;Dec94, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p13
Reports that the composite leadtimes index has inflated to a 5-year high in October 1994. Rise of manufacturing capacity; Percentage of time needed by manufacturers to fulfill orders; Predictions for the fourth quarter of 1994.
- CORRECTIONS. // Automotive News;12/1/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6336, p3
A correction to an article related to lithium ion battery cells in the November 24, 2008 issue is presented.
- Building the Future. Pontin, Jason // Technology Review;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p12
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the decline in American industrial capacities, another about manufacturing innovations in China, and one about novel production technologies or additive...
- U.S. Capital Markets. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/29/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p24
Presents information on the capital markets of the U.S. in 2003. High grade issuer fees; High yield issuer fees; Covertible issuer fees.