The Celibate Executive
- Complete gift of self. CAMPION, OWEN F. // Our Sunday Visitor;2/20/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 43, p18
The author comments on the importance of priestly celibacy for seminarians and priest.
- Is Celibacy The New Virginity? Foston, Nikitta A. // Ebony;Jan2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p118
Provides information on celibacy. List of sexual health programs and campaigns in the U.S.; Definition of celibacy; Things to do in the absence of sex; Variations of celibacy.
- CLERICAL CONTINENCE IN THE FOURTH CENTURY: THREE PAPAL DECRETALS. Callam, Daniel // Theological Studies;Mar80, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the question of celibacy among Catholic priests in the fourth century. Instances of temporary abstinence from the use of marriage; Criticism of clerics who continue to officiate without surrendering their marriage rights.
- John Paul II Priests. Klein, Franz // Commonweal;8/12/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p23
Discusses the views of seminarians in the U.S. on celibacy and its impact on their future priesthood. Character traits of younger priests or John Paul II priests according to their older colleagues; Difference between priests who came of age during the Second Vatican Council and those who came...
- MADE A VOW OF CELIBACY? // Diva;May2010, Issue 168, p17
The article offers tips on how lesbians can maintain a simple and sexless life.
- Home and mother. Rule, Jane // Body Politic;Feb80, Issue 60, p26
Comments on celibacy in homosexual relationships. Model of romantic love; Inequality in causal relationships; Role of guilt in the lesbian pattern of celibacy.
- SEXY BY DESIGN, CELIBATE BY CHOICE. Swift, Simon // Diva;Apr2005, Issue 107, p36
Discusses the life of a lesbian couple and their choice to abstain from having a sexual relationship. Misconceptions about celibate relationships; Recognition of the normal sexual behavior of British heterosexuals; Perception of celibates on the gay scene; Difficulty in avoiding sexual urges;...
- GIFT OR CURSE? Phillips, Randall R. // Commonweal;9/10/2004, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p39
Focuses on the essence of celibacy. Emotional implications of celibacy; Purpose of celibacy according to the church's position on a celibate priesthood; Conflict between the concept of celibacy and the idea of incarnation.
- Synod Against Easing of Celibacy Rules. // America;10/31/2005, Vol. 193 Issue 13, p7
Reports that the World Synod of Bishops recommended no relaxation of church rules on priestly celibacy in 2005. Opposition to the idea of ordaining married men; Proposition on granting Communion to Catholic politicians who propose laws against Catholic teachings.