Getting the Signals Clear
- Tech Spotlight. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/15/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 20, p34
Features a call accounting system designed to provide enhanced connectivity for the hotel industry customers.
- Billing for interconnect. Lee, K.; Ng, Dave // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p81
Relates that the complexity of and the increase in interconnect agreements among telecommunication firms in Europe resulted in the demand for sophisticated billing solutions. Efforts of international operators to replace the international accounting rates system used for charging interconnect...
- Take a look at the future of call accounting. Ruykhaver, Charles // Communications News;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the demand for call-accounting system. Reasons for the implementation of such system; Uses of call detail records; Trend in call accounting; Impact of the advent of the Internet on call-accounting service bureaus.
- For whom the bill tolls. // Communications News;Jun97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p24
Features Alltel's installation of a communication system for the accounting of telephone calls in Advent Christian Village, Dowling Park, Florida. Features of the digital Centrex and call accounting system installed in the village; Ability of the communication system to support call accounting...
- Call Accounting And Billing For IP Services. Borthick, Sandy // Business Communications Review;Aug2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the development of call detail records and call accounting systems for voice-over Internet protocol (VOIP) services. Ways call records are being created; Growth rate of VOIP in the United States; Adoption of the Internet Protocol Detail Record format by telecommunication companies.
- The facts about call accounting and network management systems. Scotti, Joseph // New Hampshire Business Review;9/13/96, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p21
Informs on call accounting and network management systems. Availability of personal computer-based systems that assist companies in providing accountability for amount spent on telecommunications; Major components of a call accounting and network management system.
- Account Code. // Network Dictionary;2007, p19
A definition of the term "account code" is presented. It is a numeric code that should be entered to dial long distance numbers in some companies in order to control telephone billing. It is also used to protect against telephone abuse and to track calls back to the person or project originating...
- Creative pricing, customizing lead CAS trends. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;11/15/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 20, p34
Creative pricing, customization and centralization are three trends in the call-accounting system (CAS) industry that are giving hoteliers some hope to revive a long-dormant source of revenue in the United States. A CAS tracks phone calls made on the hotel's private branch exchange computes a...
- Promus, Lucent design GuestWorks. Jesitus, John // Hotel & Motel Management;6/17/96, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the GuestWorks system from Lucent Technologies, which provides advanced call processing capabilities. Application in the hotel industry; Combination of voice-mail capabilities and call-accounting functionality; Enhanced information access for hotel guests.