Fit for a palace
- Rustic fusion. Pittel, Christine; Waldron, William // House Beautiful;Feb97, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p70
Features the house of John Funt, Tiffany & Company's design consultant. Instantaneous attraction; Fusion of three 18th-century buildings; Modern traditional rooms.
- High stakes at Holyrood. Wilson, Peter // Building Design;5/28/2004, Issue 1627, p10
Looks into the Parliament building in Scotland designed by Enric Miralles. Features of the building; Confusion on the external appearance of the building; Schedule for completion of the building.
- Designer devotion. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;04/16/99, Issue 5134, p16
Discusses the popularity of contemporary furniture designs in Great Britain. Demand for modern and minimalist furniture; Line of furniture featuring contemporary designs from manufacturer The Stag Group; Design of sofas launched by living room furniture manufacturer Allders.
- Cracking form. ALDERSEY-WILLIAMS, HUGH // New Statesman;02/19/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4424, p39
Features the architectural design of the European Parliament's building in Strasbourg, France. Description of the building; Comparison from other architectural buildings; Building designed by Norman Foster in Germany.
- Canada Corner: The $1.00 1928 Parliament Building Issue. Vaughn, Gordon D. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;03/05/99, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the postage stamp which features the Parliament Building in Ottawa, Canada, designed by John L. Pearson. Details on the building.
- Hotel Grand Bretagne. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Oct2008, p136
The article features Hotel Grand Bretagne in Athens, Greece. The hotel is next to the city's parliament buildings on Syntagma Square. It is rich in ornament and most of its eight meeting areas are chandelier-laden. It has a ballroom that can hold up to 600 people and has 321 rooms and suites....
- Classroom makeover. Lorenz, Trish // Design Week;2/3/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p16
Looks into the effective designs for 21st century schools in Great Britain. Need for making designs more accessible; Design concepts for modern school buildings; Features of an innovative designs. INSET: Audi Foundation Innovation Awards.
- Affairs of state. // British Heritage;Sep2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p20
Features the Palace of Westminster in London, England. Venue for State Opening of Parliament of Queen Elizabeth II in 2001; Floor area of the Westminster Hall; Site of the Parliament building; Description of the Robing Room of the Queen. INSET: Journey notes.
- Finding the roots of Modernism and multicultural cities in central Europe. Pearson, Clifford A. // Architectural Record;Oct2000, Vol. 188 Issue 10, p75
Features an exhibition of modern architecture entitled 'Shaping the Great City: Modern Architecture in Central Europe.' Examination of the patterns of city building in the Habsburg Empire; Focus of the second section of the show on a range of cities across the region; Designer of the exhibition.