Two year liability comes closer
- Service contracts. Miller, S. // Black Enterprise;Aug90, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p47
Gives advice on extended warranties and service contracts. Determine the product's reliability; Repairability of the product; Compare to replacement cost; Free extended warranties with some credit cards.
- Consumerology. Evans, M.S. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug88, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p3
Editorial. Daniel Oliver, Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission, believes government intervention all too often hurts the people it is supposed to help; that consumers are better served by competition in the marketplace.
- Profile: Better Business Bureau. Logan, G.J. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep88, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p29
Describes the functions and methods of the Better Business Bureaus across the US, and their local and national programs. Philanthropic Advisory Service; National Advertising Division; National Advertising Review Board; Children's Advertising review unit. INSET: The standards and practices...
- House budgeting. Coorsh, R. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1989, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p4
Describes consumer-related moves taken by the House of Representatives, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Department of Transportation. Housing; Carcinogens; Seat belts.
- How to handle your own complaint. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jul89, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p36
Offers advice to the ordinary consumer on how to complain about consumer goods or services. Where to get assistance; Keeping records; Legal recourse.
- Before you buy: Check the warranty. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct89, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p36
Describes the importance of comparing warranties on purchases. Written, spoken, and implied warranties; Resolving disputes.
- Product safety and the government. Dawson, C. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Apr90, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p29
Describes how the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is trying to improve product safety and how consumers can cooperate. CPSC reform; Structural changes in the CPSC; Personal example.
- Label mania. Spencer, P.L. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1992, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p38
States that the staffers at the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommend that the Commission proceed with a proposal to make it a federal crime to package certain products without specific warning labels. Choking hazard from balloons,marbles, small balls, and toys with small parts;...
- Bulk food warning. // FDA Consumer;Jul/Aug84, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
Bulk foods sold at the retail level are coming back into style. But the fad poses some safety problems. Government health officials are concerned because bulk food is easily accessible and subject to human contact or contamination.
- FDA: the cop on the consumer beat. Young, F.E. // FDA Consumer;Apr88, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
US Food & Drug Administration commissioner Frank Young tells of the legal actions that the FDA can take to protect consumers when things go awry at the manufacturing plant or in the marketplace.