Firms make a move upmarket with a dash of drama at Christie-Tyler
- Christie-Tyler signs up for Manchester. // Cabinet Maker;3/2/2012, Issue 5777, p8
The article reports that Christie-Tyler Ltd. has signed up for the Manchester Furniture Show in Manchester, England on July 15-18, 2012.
- Christie-Tyler heads north for next show. // Cabinet Maker;3/23/2012, Issue 5780, p7
The article reports that Christie-Tyler Ltd. Will hold its northeast/northwest regional furniture show at the Cedar Court Hotel in Wakefield, England from April 23-24, 2012.
- Highs and lows of C-T. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p4
Reports on the position maintained by Christie-Tyler as Great Britain's largest furniture manufacturer, according to the Domestic Furniture Manufacturers report by Prospect Swetenhams.
- Inevitable break-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2005, Issue 5451, p18
Looks at the demise of British upholstery manufacturer, Christie-Tyler. Financial problems of the company; Decline in sales in 2003; Closing of several firms and factories to eliminate excess capacity. INSETS: Christie-Tyler by numbers;Facts and figures;Who is Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst?.
- End of the line for Arkana and Outline in C-T shake-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p1
Reports the restructuring of furniture firm Christie-Tyler production in South Wales. Advantages of the move to the business group; Plans of Pendragon for the Arkana and Outline products; Replacement of production loss with profitable sales.
- A name to be reckoned with. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p1
Comments on the impact of the partnership between designer Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler Co. to the furniture market in Great Britain. Details on the creation of the Content Co.; Implications of mass marketing plans of Conran; Conran designed furniture to be launched at The Furniture Show.
- Calm after the storms? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/10/2003, Issue 5359, p8
Reports on the impact of the executive turnover at Christie-Tyler on the furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Increase in the level of imports; Decline in the sales volume; Outsourcing of the production capacity.
- Deeside closure talks start. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Reports on issues surrounding Deeside Cabinets' closure. Proposal of parent company Christie-Tyler to close the factory; Letters received by employees telling them the proposed closure; Discussion of Deeside's situation at Christie-Tyler's board meeting.
- UK jobs go as C-T looks to the East. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p3
Reports on the move of Christie-Tyler to consolidate its South Wales operations with the loss of job across Contour, Cambria and Pendragon factories in Great Britain. Plans of the company to open factories in Eastern Europe; Company operations; Products and services.