NEW JERSEY: Spending Freeze?
- N.J. Governor Reveals Laundry List of Measures to Plug $2.9B Gap. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p3
Focuses on the cost control measures proposed by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to close the state's budget deficit. Proposed diversion of the state's unemployment insurance trust fund; Amount expected to be generated from the state's rainy-day fund; Financial crisis faced by New Jersey.
- Hail James E., Farewell Donald D. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Editorial. Reports the swearing in of Governor James E. McGreevey, the 51st governor of New Jersey. Occurrence of a celebratory rally in front of the State House; Details of the ascension of McGreevey to the gubernatorial position; Bills of interest to the business community signed into law by...
- James E. McGreevey. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Profiles Governor-elect James E. McGreevey of New Jersey. Educational background; Details on his career in politics.
- N.J. Governor-Elect Sees $3.7B Shortfall for Next Two Years. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on a shortfall in state revenue predicted by the governor of New Jersey James McGreevey. Expected shortfall in billion dollars; Governor's call to legislators regarding spending plans; Budget analysis regarding shortfall in a year.
- TALES FROM A FRAZZLED LIBRARIAN. Trivett, Dan // Library Mosaics;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Relates the experiences of the author regarding the visit of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey to their library in Manchester, in relation to the library's summer reading program. Preparations for the visit; Request of the governor to read books to children; Arrival of the children for...
- Time for Some Bipartisanship. // Business News New Jersey;2/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Announces the plans of governor James E. McGreevey to reduce the state budget of New Jersey. Reaction of the public to the plans; Responsibilities of a governor; Influence of Democrats in the State Senate.
- Reports of its Demise Greatly Exaggerated. // njbiz;3/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the call of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey for the elimination of the Business Employment Incentive Program (BEIP). Reason behind the call; Background on the payments made by companies for BEIP; Information on companies with approved BEIP benefits.
- Trade Is His Mission. // njbiz;8/5/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Presents information on the trade mission plans of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey to Israel and other countries in the Middle East, as of August 2002.
- New Jersey Governor Gives Support To Xanadu Meadowlands Proposal. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p3
Reports on the support of Governor James E. McGreevey for the Xanadu Redevelopment Project at the Meadowlands sports complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Approval of the plan to build the multi-million project by the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority; Plans of McGreevey to help...