MAINE: King-Size Savings
- Maine pulls the plug on Sears Island plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/11/96, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p22
Reports on Maine Governor Angus S. King Jr.'s decision to stop plans to build the state's third deepwater port in Sears Island. Worry over costs of project; Environmental Protection Agency officials' claim that port made no economic sense.
- Read a book. // Hollywood Reporter;4/19/95, Vol. 336 Issue 45, p3
Reports on Maine Governor Angus King's endorsement of the national TV Turnoff Week campaign. King's previous career as a public television show host; Purpose of the campaign.
- Maine governor touts high standards, not more money. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;1/31/96, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
Comments on Maine Governor Angus S. King Junior's State of State Address on what he considers to be the key to Maine's economic future. Why money is not the issue; Why King made headlines.
- Governor signs standards bill in Maine after weeks of debate. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;4/17/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p12
Reports on Maine Governor Angus S. King Jr.'s approval of an educational-standards bill on April 1996. Provisions of the bill; Number of votes gained; Disagreement on funding for training educators.
- ABLE AND WAITING. Patterson, Darby // Government Technology;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the pairing of technology and government initiatives in the U.S. Effort of former Maine governor Angus King who gave laptops to all seventh-and-eighth-grade students in the states; Role of the private sector in providing information technology in the government; Efforts of...
- The Maine event. // Advocate;05/13/97, Issue 733, p20
States that Maine Governor Angus King has said that he will allow a bill banning same-sex marriages to become law. Approval of the measure by the state legislature; Citing the opposition of Concerned Maine Families to same-sex marriages.
- Governors on Campus. // Connection (0895-6405);Summer2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
Presents an update on former New England governors as of June 2004. Madeleine May Kunin; Michael Dukakis; Angus King.
- Local growers pick up Governor's Award. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/8/95, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p124
Reports on Maine Governor Angus King's presentation of the 1995 Governor's Award for Business Excellence to Jasper Wyman & Sons. Jasper Wyman's distinction as the largest grower and processor of wild blueberries.
- MAINE: It's a Rainy Day. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p35
Reports that the Governor of Maine Angus King has proposed usage of the entire rainy day fund of the state to balance the budget for the fiscal year 2002-2003. Possibility of the Legislature's approval of a supplemental budget that would delay tax reductions from the rainy-day fund; Inclusion...
- Maine to repeal snack tax. O'Rourke, Kevin // Drug Store News;5/22/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the repeal of selective tax on snack foods in Maine. Signing of the bill by Governor Angus King; Products affected by the tax.