Looking to Cover Shortfall, Suffolk County, N.Y., Raises Property Taxes
- Bing budget plan called sketchy. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;4/19/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p5
The article comments on the first budget recommendation of Detroit Mayor Dave Bing's administration. The author tells that an operations restructuring team has been created by the mayor to define the city's core services. But Detroit City Council President Pro Tem Gary Brown thinks that the...
- Kent's General Fund Showing Shortfall. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/26/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the general operating fund of Kent County, Michigan for the 2007 fiscal year. It forecasts that revenue to the fund could decline, while expenditures from it could grow by more than $1 million. It predicts that the fund could end up with a $2.2 million deficit for the...
- Nassau County Officials Fighting for Fiscal Independence. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p3
Reports that officials of Nassau County, New York will again meet at a state's oversight board on October 26, 2001 to discuss about balancing the County's budget for 2002. Proposal presented by officials to cut gap in the budget in the previous meeting held on October 23, 2001; Ways to utilize...
- Fiscal year 1999 budget proposal is unveiled. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p917
Focuses on the fiscal year 1999 proposals for the United State's budget by the Administration. Totals budget for the Department of Health and Human Services; Details on the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; Insight on initiatives in the budget proposal.
- Nassau County Budget Relies on Risky Assumptions, Oversight Board Says. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p4
The article reports that the proposed 2011 budget of Nassau County in New York is not balanced due to risky assumptions.
- County budget to be voted on this Thursday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the proposed county budget to be discussed in a meeting in Donley County, Texas.
- Assistance tax shows how much the state is shifting to the county. Valadez, Ram�n // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p26
In this article the author discusses the recommended budget in Pima County, Arizona for fiscal year 2011-2012 that contains a state assistance tax which is equal to cost shifts enforced by the Arizona Legislature on the county to balance the state budget.
- Buda budget still in works. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/8/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p2A
The article reports that the budget season for Buda, Texas for the fiscal year 2007-2008 is in full swing where it proposed a one cent tax increase of up to 17.7 cents per $100 of property valuation.
- Kent County 2011 budget appears to be balanced. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/11/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p3
This article focuses on the proposed budget and revenue-sharing payment in Kent County, Michigan for 2011.