Illinois Governor and Chicago Mayor
- Saving Meigs will call for a game of hardball. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p8
Comments on the dispute over plans for the Meigs Field Airport involving Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley and groups supporting the continued operation of the airport. Daley's proposed transformation of the landing strip into a lakeside park by 2002; Efforts of business leaders to secure...
- City ups ante in airport gambit. Knapp, Kevin; Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;02/08/99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the issue of Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley's proposed addition of new terminals to the O'Hare International Airport, which is seen by foes as a step toward new runways. Possible boost to a plan opposed by Daley, that of construction of a third regional airport near south...
- O'Hare Summit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31260, p33
Reports on the meeting between Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley and governor George Ryan to discuss plans for expansion O'Hare International Airport. Amount of funds proposed by Daley for reconfiguration of existing runways and construction of a new one; Proposal by Ryan for the project.
- Edgar plan to take over Meigs a senseless air raid. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/02/96, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p10
Editorial. Comments on the decision of Mayor Richard Daley to close Meigs Field, and convert the landing strip to a nature park. Legal argument for the closure; Reasons for the move of Daley.
- Chicago airport flap highlights the tensions between cities, states. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 106, p3
Highlights the disclosure by Chicago's Democratic Mayor Richard Daley of a secret pact that stymied Republican state lawmakers and linked Chicago's airports with those of Gary, Indiana. Details; Prediction of the dispute between Chicago and state authorities.
- NBAA intensifies its push to keep Chicago Meigs Field open. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Aug95, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p18
Explains the controversy of Chicago's Meigs Field airport which the NBAA wants to retain as such while the Chicago Mayor Richard Daley plans to convert into a park.
- Mayor, time to end Meigs distraction and move on. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/06/97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10
Editorial. Discusses the plans of Chicago's City Hall to transform Meigs field into a nature park. Failure of the Mayor Richard Daley to consider other economic and social issues; Citing of a legislation that could set the stage for the takeover of the Meigs.
- The demise of Meigs Field. Collogan, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep96, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p114
Comments on a proposal by Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley to close the Merrill C. Meigs Field airport and convert it into another theme park. Oppositions from aircraft operators; Similar proposition in the 1980s.
- A crash course in airport politics. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/18/95 & 12/25/95, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p19
Recalls Chicago, Illinois mayor Richard Daley's deal with Indiana officials for a bistate airport authority that would expand Gary Airport. Daley's contention that the agreement would prevent Illinois legislators from diverting revenues from O'Hare Airport for the Peotone alternative;...