Housing: Congress Clears HUD Spending Bill; Bush Expected to Sign $30B Package
- Negotiations End With $30.2 Billion Earmarked for HUD. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31260, p6
Reports on the approval of funds for the U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the fiscal year beginning from October 1, 2002 by congressional negotiations on November 6, 2001. Funds allocated for safe drinking water SRF loan program; Percentage increase in the allocation of fund from...
- Building Communities. Milkulski, Barbara // National Mortgage News;3/31/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p4
Presents an excerpt from the author's statement about the fiscal year 2004 budget for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- HACC Hit by Furlough Days. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;1/29/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p7
The article presents information on the budget cut of the Department of Housing and Urban Development which has a direct impact on the funding of the Housing Authority of Cook County (HACC) which lost 8.3 million U.S. dollars in funding affecting the public housing communities.
- HUD's Martinez Not Expecting Increase in His Department's 2003 Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p32
Focuses on U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Mel Martinez's expectations regarding his department's 2003 budget. Proposed funding level for an investment program; Money appropriated for HUD in fiscal year 2002; Changes in a mortgage insurance program by HUD.
- HUD budget stresses economic development. // In Business;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the budget request of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development for year 2000.
- Rental Assistance Uncertain While House Debates Bill. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the impact of the budget uncertainty for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on the rental assistance programs in San Diego, California. Increase in the number of landlords participation in the rental assistance program; Discouragement of landlords from accepting...
- Senators Say HUD Budget Needs Work. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p4
Criticizes the Fiscal Year 2002 budget blueprint for the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the United States. Delay in the release of the budget proposal; Impact of the delayed announcement of winners in the presidential elections on the budget proposal; Concerns of lawmakers and...
- Pinned down. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;3/28/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p9
The article reports on U.S. war veterans waiting for housing help. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development reveals that 67,495 veterans were homeless in 2011. The failure of local, state and federal policymakers to provide housing for these veterans is noted. U.S. budget cuts...
- HUD budget: a record high. Browne, J. Zamora // New York Amsterdam News;02/17/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the highest recorded budget proposed for the United States Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) in the year 2000. Number of programs needing additional funds.