Medicare Payments Suspended for Beleaguered Chicago Hospital
- Florida Hospital Paid Fraud Settlements. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p36
Reports on the payment made by Florida's Leesburg Regional Medical Center Inc. to the federal government in order to resolve allegations of Medicare fraud. Allegations made against the medical center; Report issued in the 2002 Official Statement regarding the medical center; Impact of the...
- Kickback payback. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;11/4/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the agreement of McLeod Regional Medical Center in Florence, South Carolina to settle civil whistleblower allegations of kickbacks, Medicare cost-reporting fraud and physician self-referral law violations in 2002. Allegations against the hospital; Purpose of the settlement according...
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar96, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p10
Reports that a man in disguise divulged to several senators the attempts of 14 hospitals to defraud Medicare by billing improperly for cardiac devices used during clinical trials. Mystery man's testimony as part of a whistleblower lawsuit; Speculations fueled by newspaper articles that the suit...
- Good from sad. McLaughlin, Neil // Modern Healthcare;04/19/99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p50
Reports on the conviction of two hospital executives at Baptist Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas, on criminal Medicare kickback charges. Background of the executives; Reaction of the industry to the conviction; Implication of the case on the anti-kickback laws and their enforcement; Views...
- THE LEGAL FILE. // Modern Healthcare;6/25/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p15
Reports on the settlement of a civil whistleblower fraud suit that accused the Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainsville, Georgia, of overbilling Medicare for home health services from 1994 to 2000. Details on the hospital's use of its home health agency; Requirement for the hospital to...
- Mich. fraud case. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;11/06/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p14
Reports that the United States federal government has joined a civil Medicare fraud lawsuit in 2000 against the McLaren Regional Medical Center of Flint, Michigan. Accusation against the hospital; Physician group involved in the case; Attorneys who filed the original complaint against the hospital.
- Hospital settles fraud charges. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;9/5/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p17
Reports on a settlement agreement entered into by Eisenhower Medical Center of Rancho Mirage, California, to resolve an ongoing federal investigation into Medicare cost-reporting fraud. Charges against the hospital; Details of the case; Implication of the case for healthcare providers.
- Feds probe hospitals with association heads. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;06/21/99, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p56
Focuses on billing fraud committed by hospitals in the United States (US). Information on a lawsuit filed against Truman Medical Center by the Justice Department; Comments on the government's fraud-fighting efforts; Fraud suits filed against some hospitals in the US.
- First transfer settlement. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;05/15/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p2
Reports that Beebe Medical Center in Lewes, Delaware has settled allegations that it improperly billed Medicare for patients transferred to other hospitals. Cost of the settlement; Investigations on the case; Efforts of the United States Department of Health and Human Services to prevent...