Miami Voters Set to Pick New Mayor, Determine Fate of GO Referendum
- Miami disproves an election. Keating, Dan // Quill;Sep98, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p7
Presents information on the attack by deputy city editor Judy Miller of the Miami Herald Newspaper, of incumbent Joe Carollo for his success in the 1997 mayoral election. Information on Carollo; How information on the electoral outcome was obtained; Outline of newspaper articles about the...
- Ex-Miami mayor returned to power to face the same old budget woes. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30350, p3
Reports on the return of Joe Carollo, former mayor of Miami, Florida to the city mayor's office to face the city's budget problems. Challenges faced by the city concerning the mandates set by the Miami Financial Emergency Oversight Board; Miami's goal of closing a $30 million deficit.
- Primary puts big development plans in limbo. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/1/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the possibility that the development plans of Mount Vernon Mayor Ernest Davis in Westchester County, New York will fail due to his defeat in a Democratic primary. He has solicited proposals from developers to remake the area with residential, retail and commercial space....
- Heartwell Takes Mayoral Oath Of Office. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the mayoral oathtaking of George Heartwell as the 58th mayor of Grand Rapids, Michigan at the City Commission Chambers on December 30, 2003. Goal of Heartwell for the city; Philosophy on community development; Career background.
- Prosecutor to Probe Charges in Miami. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p2
Informs on the appointment of a special prosecutor to sort out allegations of criminal misconduct made by Miami, Florida Mayor Joe Carollo and former city manager Donald Warshaw.
- In Midst of Elian Gonzalez Case, Miami Loses City Manager Warshaw. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/01/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30881, p4
Reports on the decision of Miami, Florida Mayor Joe Carollo to oust city manager Donald Warshaw. Emotional discussions concerning the Elian Gonzalez case.
- `Enemies list' makes comeback. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;05/15/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p17
Reports on fired Miami, Florida, city manager Donald Warshaw's claims on city Mayor Joe Carollo's compilation of a list of local members of the press he wanted investigated and the reasons for his dismissal. Carollo's reactions to Warshaw's allegations; Comments from journalists included in the...
- Drawing On Veteran Leadership. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p37
Lillian Webb, mayor of Norcross, loves her job. After 30 years in politics, the resilient 75-year-old is happy to be back where it all began. Webb was mayor of Norcross from 1974 to 1984 and made history 20 years ago when she became the first woman and first Republican elected chairman of the...
- Explosion of Potential. BEDNAR, JOSEPH // BusinessWest;8/25/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information on the plans for the development of Worthington Street Innovation district in Springfield, Massachusetts. It also includes comments from Domenic Sarno, mayor of Springfield, emphasizing to reposition the city's entertainment district as a restaurant district. It...