Fun and funding
- It's a quacker. // Cabinet Maker;04/06/2001, Issue 5232, p37
Reports that Silentnight Beds paid tribute to its Hippo and Duck icons during fund raising events for Red Nose day, held March 16, 2001 in Great Britain.
- Once upon a time... // Cabinet Maker;06/01/2001, Issue 5240, p37
Focuses on the Biggest Bedtime Storytelling Event at Salterforth in Great Britain. Performance of actors Tim Vincent and Clive Rowe at the event; Involvement of Silentnight Beds in the fund raising; Recipient of the event proceeds.
- 'Lady' at night. Grieve, Alistair // Railways Illustrated;May2011, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p36
The article offers news briefs related to the locomotive industry in Great Britain. The Rolls-Royce PLC powered Class 14, 14901 is moving from Midland Railway Butterley to the Gwili Railway for an agreement to remain at the line for at least two years. The class 20 D8059 was in action at the...
- Pyjama party success. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2001, Issue 5261, p33
Reports the Silentnight Bed Pajama Party and Auction held at Hamleys in London, England. Auction of pajamas and customized Silent Night Beds products; Fund raising for Reach charity for children; Involvement of celebrities.
- Rapid-prototyping technique speeds jet-engine assembly. // R&D Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p11
Reports on British aero engine maker Rolls-Royce, use of a process known as digital preassembly, for engine externals. Aims of digital process.
- Rolls-Royce. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/13/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p15
Announces Rolls-Royce has joined a new producers group in the Commonwealth of Independent States, the Union of Aviation Engine Producers (ASSAD), part of an effort by commonwealth companies to establish their own organizations now that they are free to conduct business without state control. ...
- The 30% solution. Reed, Arthur // Air Transport World;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on Rolls Royce. Winning of a contract to power Singapore Airlines' 777 aircraft; Limiting of supplier costs to maintain competitiveness; Comments from Mike Roberts, director of procurement.
- Rolls forms new business. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/12/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p33
Reports on Rolls-Royce's formation of the Rolls-Royce Aero Engine Services Ltd., a separate engine maintenance and overhaul business. Concentration on engine service separate from manufacturing; Business projections; Number of employees and subcontractors.
- Rolls to build turbine blade plant at Derby. // Professional Engineering;01/14/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the construction of a turbine blade factory, by Rolls-Royce, an aeroengine company. Cost to construct the factory; Reference to the application for planning permission by the company; When the factory is expected to be operational.