Better safe than sorry
- Get out of hot water!! // All Hands;Aug96, Issue 952, p36
The article reports that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is urging everyone to lower their water heaters to 120 degrees Fahrenheit in able to conserve energy, save money, and prevent accidents.
- The Impact of Safety Regulations on Externalities. Traynor, Thomas L. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p62
Empirical analyses of product safety regulations have indicated that such regulations induce compensating behavior (also known as offsetting behavior) by the users of products that pose risks to their health. Many of these analyses conclude that such compensating behavior causes externalities to...
- CPSC Civil Penalties: What They Don't Know Can Hurt You. Wasserman, Ivan J. // Response;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p98
Focuses on the reporting requirements under the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Prompt investigation of consumer complaints; Ways of avoiding or minimizing civil penalties; Level of consumer protection provided by the law.
- Tracking the CPSC. // Consumer Comments;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Outlines the regulations of the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for escalators, baby walkers, roller coasters, and mattresses.
- The medium's the message. Edwards, Roger // Money Marketing;5/6/2010, p47
In this article, the author offers thoughts on giving protection to consumers.
- Consumer news. Brown, Ann // Good Housekeeping;Jun95, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p160
Discusses the consumer-safety aspects of products in the United States. Safety standard for furniture; Accidents caused by baby walker; Legislation requiring mandatory bicycle helmet safety standards for children and adults.
- Look for our safety videos. // Consumer Reports;Nov2009, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p15
The article discusses safety videos by the publication "Consumer Reports" that will be shown at retail stores including Costco and Walmart.
- Alkyl Trimethylammonium Chloride Safe as Non-preservative. // Cosmetics & Toiletries;Apr2010, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the opinion issued by the Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS) that alkyl trimethylammonium chloride is safe as non-preservative.
- Product Safety and Government Regulation. Groner, Stanley // Industrial Management;Dec75, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the role of the Federal government in product safety and consumer protection in the U.S. Reference to the Federal consumer protection laws; Increase in the number of product safety regulations; Concerns on the costs of added regulation and protection.