Florida Attorney General Subpoenas Major League Baseball
- New consumer watchdog on duty. Kiefer, Francine; Debre, Guillaume // Christian Science Monitor;4/11/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 97, p1
Reports on the joining of United States state attorneys general to tackle the powerful industries like tobacco and Microsoft Corp.
- The Attorney General. Woodhouse, Diana // Parliamentary Affairs;Jan97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p97
Focuses on the actions of the Attorney General of Great Britain concerning the Matrix Churchill trial and its implications to his constitutional position. Discussion of the powers of the Attorney General within the context of the constitution; Opinion of the public regarding the Attorney...
- Nevada attorney general doesn't exactly walk a beat. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;12/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p4
Opinion. Comments on roles of attorneys-general in Nevada. Examples of duties and responsibilities of attorneys general; Areas where attorneys general have prosecutorial power; Role of attorneys general in white collar crime enforcement.
- Senate kills attorney general amendment. // Human Events;04/04/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p22
Reports on the rejection by the US Senate of a resolution that would allow the attorney general to `exercise her best professional judgment' on whether to appoint a special counsels.
- A crowded field in NY attorney-general race. Bauman, Valerie // Buffalo Law Journal;2/4/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the absence of potential candidates for attorney-general in Albany, New York.
- THE TALK. // Human Events;4/18/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p7
The article presents quotations from "Human Events" Facebook readers in response to "Our Dangerous Attorney General" and "Will the Government Shut Down?" and from HumanEvents.com readers in response to "Photo Finish in Wisconsin."
- States' legal chiefs weigh in on online privacy. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;03/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p5
Deals with the move of state attorneys general in the United States to assert their right in enforcing online privacy statutes during the meeting of the National Association of Attorneys General in March 2001. Interest of state lawyers to participate in the formation of laws; Conflicts faced by...
- Attorneys General for Sale? Wheat, Andrew // Multinational Monitor;Jun2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p21
Highlights the alleged efforts of conservative state attorneys general in the Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) to protect businesses from state litigation in the United States. Alleged involvement of RAGA members in money laundering activities; Conflicts of interest among the...
- Florida Attorney General Threatens to Sue Over Hospital Closure Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p3
Reports the efforts of Attorney General Bob Butterworth to stop the closure of a charitable hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida. Threat of suing Intracostal Health Systems Inc. and Catholic Health East; Legality of the combined structure of the hospital; Reaction of the community on the...