News In Brief: Washington's I-747 May Do Harm: Moody's
- Kentucky Taken Off Watch by Moody's Despite Lacking Budget. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p3
Reports the removal of the issuer credit rating of the state government by Moody's Investors Service in Kentucky. Implementation of an emergency spending plan by the governor; Payment of the outstanding debt service; Provision of security for school debt.
- State shuts down credit repair scam, wins judgment. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/13/95, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p11
Reports that the state has won a judgment against a credit repair company accused of cheating customers with false promises to erase bad credit information. Court; Company; Suit.
- With House Divided, WCUL Presses On. Carlson, Tina // Credit Union Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the State Governmental Affairs Conference of Washington Credit Union League in Olympia, Washington. Proposal of a 3-Point legislative plan; Division of the US Congress on credit union issues; Petition for an active legislature involvement.
- California Aside, States Are Still S & P's Most Creditworthy Sector. Montrone, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p35
Focuses on the varied credit ratings of the states government in the U.S. Flexibility of the tax structure; Occurrence of budget deficits; Collapse of Internet stocks.
- INDIANA STATE WEB SITE BREACH COMPROMISES CREDIT CARD NUMBERS. // CardLine;2/16/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p21
The article reports on the breach of the Web site of the state of Indiana. The breach may have exposed the credit and debit card information of about 5,600 people and businesses. Chris Cotterill, director of the Web site IN.gov, tells that a state employee found something suspicious on the Web...
- State, biz should work on tax credits. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/26/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p8
The author proposes the state government of Michigan to work with companies that have tax credits in order to address budget deficit.
- Advisory Council Advocates for CU. Richardson, Al // Credit Union Directors Newsletter;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p2
The article offers information about the responsibilities of council members of Local Government Federal Credit Union in the U.S. The author notes that advisory council volunteers become more experienced with the credit unions and understand the role of the board. It states that the credit union...
- Regulators Issue Guidance on Junior Lien Loan Loss Allowances. // Pratt's Letter;2/6/2012, p2
The article reports on the issued supervisory guideline by the federal financial institution regulators which allows financial institutions the allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL) estimation practices that are associated with loans and lines of credit secured through liens.
- As Strike Goes On, Branches Close, Help Offered. Ortiz, Lauralee // Credit Union Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 41, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union to revise its business guideline to assist members who are involved in a strike conducted by state employees in Minnesota. Closure of its branches in Minnesota; Increase in the loan activity of the credit union; Implementation of a...