News In Brief: Greenspan: Energy Is Key to Economy
- Warm weather dents AEP power sales. // Power Economics;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p29
Presents the economic survey on AEP power for 2002 earnings in the U.S. Impact of continued weak economic condition to earnings; Reduction on retail energy sales and wholesale margins; Emphasis on potential issuance of additional equity to support corporate separation, fund growth and...
- Economic Overview. // Jordan Country Review;2011, p62
The article offers an overview of the economic condition in Jordan including that country's energy resources, the impact of the global economic crisis on its economic growth and inflation.
- RWE result exceeds market expectations. // Power Economics;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the market expectation of RWE for the six months to the end of December 2001 in Germany. Discussions on the growth from the core electricity business; Impact of trend reversal; Measurement of return above the cost of capital invested.
- The Caspian Energy Conundrum. Cutler, Robert M. // Journal of International Affairs;Spring2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p89
Focuses on the interaction of energy networks, economic development and political sustainability in Central Asia. National contexts of energy geo-economics in Central Asia; Discussion on the subnational contexts of energy geo-economics; Global context of Central Asian energy geo-economics.
- Houston, Energy Sector's Peak Nowhere in Sight. Carr, Robert // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;2/19/2013, p5
The article reports on the benefit of actions taken in the U.S. toward independence from using foreign energy sources on the office market in the country. It states that majority of the top performing office markets in the country today are primarily technology- or energy-driven. It predicts...
- Implications of Climate Change for Economic Development in Northern Canada: Energy, Resource, and Transportation Sectors. Prowse, Terry D.; Furgal, Chris; Chouinard, Rebecca; Melling, Humfrey; Milburn, David; Smith, Sharon L. // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;Jul2009, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p272
Northern Canada is projected to experience major changes to its climate, which will have major implications for northern economic development. Some of these, such as mining and oil and gas development, have experienced rapid expansion in recent years and are likely to expand further, partly as...
- Economic growth, energy prices and technological innovation. Gardner, Thomas A.; Joutz, Frederick L. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan96, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p653
Examines the effect of energy prices in a dynamic model of economic growth as a function of capital, labor, energy prices, and technological innovation. Use of patents as measures of technological innovation and their relationship to macroeconomic growth; Paradigms between short and long run...
- Qatar US$ Global 30: A Gas-Fuelled Credit. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/25/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the factors that led to the performance of the Global 30 bond in Qatar. Implication of the investment incentive provided by the country's energy resources; Highlights of the economic development in the country; Risks associated with the Qatari bond.
- Renewable energy projects spring up around region. Patch, Doug // New Hampshire Business Review;4/30/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p14A
Reports on the renewable energy projects in the U.S. Promotion of the new wind industry; Economic benefit of the wind farm; Approval of the voluntary renewable energy program.