Maryland Comptroller Warns of Further Revenue Problems
- Falling Tax Revenue Leads Connecticut Toward Deficit; Spending Cuts Expected. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p3
Reports the tax revenues deficit in Connecticut. Decline of payroll and capital gains; Plans to cut spending; Amount of deficit estimated; Consequences of the terrorist attack on the stock market.
- Save the Bush Tax Cuts. Berthoud, John // Human Events;12/12/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 42, p1
The article focuses on tax cuts being implemented by U.S. President George W. Bush in 2005. Under a bill proposed by the U.S. House, the tax rate on capital gains and dividends will be expanded. The tax cuts played a significant role in the strong economy of the nation. The assumption that the...
- Capital gains: It's in the timing. Berman, Arnold // Westchester County Business Journal;4/8/96, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p23
Provides strategies in maximizing capital gains. Ways to protect long-term capital gains; Methods of locking in gain.
- Comments. // Hill;5/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 57, p24
The article presents several comments from readers discussing the issue on Senator Barack Obama's little concern on the impact of capital gain taxes in the U.S.
- Capital gains tax in perspective. Marais, Org // Finance Week;04/28/2000, p46
Evaluates South Africa's proposed capital gains tax (CGT). Stock investment by middle income groups in the United States; Long-term effect of the CGT on economic growth and employment; Effects of inflation; Neutrality of the CGT.
- Tax-smart strategies can ease capital-gains pain. // Inside Tucson Business;10/11/99, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p30
Offers investors advice on what tax strategies to use in the management of capital gains. Definition of a capital gain; Factors that affect the tax treatment of a capital gain; Growth funds.
- Twenty Questions on Capital Gains--and One Wrong, Answer. // Accountancy;Nov67, Vol. 78 Issue 891, p714
Notifies readers about a printing error in the answer to a multiple-choice examination published in the November 1967 issue of `Accountancy' magazine. Test of accountants' basic knowledge of capital gains legislation and capital gains tax in Great Britain.
- Capital gains -- rebasing. Greene, Chris; Lord, Lois de // Accountancy;Jul1988, Vol. 102 Issue 1139, p50
Reports on the British government's announcement of the introduction of additional provisions to those which bring forward the database for computing capital gains tax to March 31, 1982. Ability of taxpayers to elect for their capital gains and losses on all assets held at March 31, 1982 to be...
- Absurdities in time-based apportionment. Sharwood, Clive // Finance Week;11/9/2001, p30
Evaluates the implications of applying the time-based apportionment formulas in determining capital gains. Effects to taxpayers; Lack of equity in the capital gains tax; Influence of the inclusion of selling expenses to the base cost.