Munis Gain as Treasuries Rally; Buyers Hunt for Scarce Supply
- Plain-Vanilla Deals May Suffer From Weak Labor Data. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p36
Discusses the possible impact of weaker-than-expected employment data on demand for new issues and upcoming deals in the U.S. bond market during the week beginning October 12, 2004. Less retail participation in generic, plain-vanilla new issues; Weaker non-farm payrolls in September 2004;...
- Yield Indexes End Lower After Weak Employment Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p4
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. Weakness in the employment report in the country; Stability of light issuance and arbitrage selling; Increase in the municipal bond yields.
- Municipal Traders Don Rally Caps Ahead of Increased Primary Supply. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p2
Reports on the stability of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Improvement in the employment rate with a number of job creation in the economic report; Pricing levels of government securities; Credit-quality of tobacco bonds.
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Munis End Off as Philly Fed Chair Downplays Effect of Payroll Report. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p2
Reports developments in the U.S. bond market. Decline in municipal bond trading; Total number of new jobs in March 2005; Growth in monthly employment;
- Indexes Mixed in First Full Trading Week After the Holidays. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p40
Reports on the municipal bond indexes in the U.S. Willingness of investors to pay more because of the lack of supply; Decline in employment figures; Increase in the yield on the 30-year Treasury bond.
- Weak Jobs Data Triggers Rally; Munis Rise in Shortened Session. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p2
Reports that the U.S. municipal bond market finished substantially higher in October 8, 2004. Participants' move to mark up offerings and step up bids following the release of a weaker-than-expected September 2004 employment report; Concerns about the pace of future economic growth.
- Municipals Move Up on Sell-Off Ahead of November Payrolls Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p2
Reports on the rise in the municipal bonds yields in the U.S. Employment forecast of the economist Ethan Harris; Performance of the government market; Employment growth in the country.
- Ohio Gov. Strickland Proposes $1.7B of Debt for Jobs Program. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32811, p6
The article reports on a bond proposal of Ohio Governor Ted Strickland that would finance a job-creation program. On his state address, Strickland proposed selling $1.7 billion of debt starting early in 2009 to finance an ambitious jobs program. Proceeds from the bond sales would be invested in...