Comparative Toxicity of Botanical and Synthetic Insecticides Against major Field Insect Pests of Cowpea (Vigna unquiculata( L) Walp)
- Sting Awakening. Johnson, M. D. // Field & Stream;Apr2011, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p51
The article offers tips on how to avoid some of the worst bugs lurking in the woods including the use of a permethrin-based insecticide, mist the skin with Absorbine Jr. Straight vanilla extract, and to wear tightly woven socks.
- Actividad biolÃ³gica de extractos de Melia azedarach sobre larvas de Spodoptera eridania (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). ROSSETTI, María R.; DEFAGÓ, María T.; CARPINELLA, María C.; PALACIOS, Sara M.; VALLADARES, Graciela // Revista de la Sociedad EntomolÃ³gica Argentina;ene2008, Vol. 67 Issue 1/2, p115
In the course of searching for plant chemicals with potential insecticide properties, the activity of Melia azedarach L. senescent leaf and ripe fruit extracts (2, 5 and 10%) was evaluated on larvae of Spodoptera eridania Cramer (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). This polyphagous species is considered a...
- ATIVIDADE INSETICIDA DE Cunila angustifolia SOBRE ADULTOS DE Acanthoscelides obtectus EM LABORATï¿½RIO. Savaris, Marcoandre; Lampert, Silvana; Garc�a, Fl�vio Roberto Mello; Sabedot-Bordin, Sandra Mara; de Moura, ENeuza Fernandes // Ciencia y Tecnologï¿½a (1390-4051);2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The use of extracts and essential oils of plants has been used as an important alternative to control insect pests of stored grains. The aim of this study was to evaluate the insecticide effect of extracts and the essential oil of C. angustifolia on adults of A. obtectus, under laboratory...
- Insecticidal Effects of Croton urucurana Extracts and Crude Resin on Dysdercus maurus (Hemiptera: Pyrrocoridae). Silva, L. B.; Xavier, Z. F.; Silva, C. B.; Faccenda, O.; Candido, A. C. S.; Peres, M. T. L. P. // Journal of Entomology;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p98
Yield loss in different crops due to the attack of various classes of insect pests is a worldwide problem. Sucking type Dysdercus maurus causes damage to many crop species. Diverse plant species have been studied in order to identify the active ingredients responsible for their insecticidal...
- Insecticidal Activity of some Plant Extracts Against Some Sap-Sucking Insects under Laboratory Conditions. // World Journal of Agricultural Sciences;Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p434
No abstract available.
- Evaluation of Neem Seed Extract for the Control of Major Field Pests of Cowpea (Vigna Unguiculata (L. Walp) under Calendar and Monitored Sprays. // Advances in Environmental Biology;Jan-Apr2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p61
No abstract available.
- Atividade inseticida de meliÃ¡ceas sobre Diabrotica speciosa (Col., Chrysomelidae). Seffrin, Rita de Cássia Andrade dos Santos; Costa, Ervandil Corrêa; Domingues, Lucas da Silva; Dequech, Sônia Thereza Bastos; Sausen, Carla Daniele // CiÃªncia Rural;oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p1805
Diabrotica speciosa is a polyphagous insect-pest and its control demands a great deal of insecticides applications. The use of extracts from Meliaceae family plants, with insecticidal activity, appears as a promising control alternative. The present work aimed to evaluate the control action of...
- USE OF SELECTED PLANT-DERIVED POWDERS AND THEIR COMBINATIONS TO PROTECT STORED COWPEA GRAINS AGAINST DAMAGE BY Callosobruchus maculatus. Ntonifor, Nelson N.; Oben, Esther O.; Konje, Christina B. // Journal of Agricultural & Biological Science;Sep2010, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p13
In search for low-cost plant-based post-harvest insecticides against stored product insects, dried seed powders of Syzygium aromaticum, Piper guineense, Ocimum basilicum, Aframomum citratrum and leaf powders of Cyperus aequalis and Eucalyptus camaldulensis were tested against Callosobruchus...
- Studies of Larvicidal and Adulticidal Activities of Some Halophyte Plant Extracts Against Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann). Soummane, H.; Larhsini, M.; Naamani, K.; Coll, J. // Journal of Entomology;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p548
The aim of the study was to assess the efficacy of dichloromethane and methanol extracts of two Chenopodiaceae (Salicornia arabica and Suaeda fruticosa) and one Tamaricaceae (Tamarix gallica) Moroccan medicinal plants for their toxicity against the early second and third instar larvae and adults...