NEW MEXICO: Leaning on Bonds
- Following in the Wake of 'Gov. No' Has Its Advantages. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH WEST p31
Reports on fiscal and economic conditions of New Mexico as of March 3, 2003. Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Measures proposed by the state's governor Bill Richardson; Amount of bonds sold by the state in 2003.
- New Mexico Retools Facilities Plan Overturned by Judge. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;04/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p33
Reports that New Mexico has passed a legislation that would fund capital-outlay projects and give preference to cash-poor communities. Lawsuit filed against New Mexico over distribution of capital-outlay funds in 1998; Provisions under the legislation.
- Year-End Inflows Surge; Attention Centers on New Mexico Trans. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p7
Reports the impact of the tax and revenue anticipation note deal by New Mexico state on money market managers. Increase in the municipal money market funds; Comment from Walter Beveridge, portfolio manager of a company in San Francisco, California; Acquisition of New Mexico Trans company.
- How to spend $400 million. Cochnar, Bob // New Mexico Business Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the temptation for pork barrel spending in New Mexico. Amount of windfall from severance taxes with the increase in oil and gas prices; Doubts cast that the legislature will establish a workable set of priorities; Need to avoid following Arizona's mistake with its budget surplus.
- Spaceport America reaches for the stars. McKee, Maggie // New Scientist;10/22/2011, Vol. 212 Issue 2835, p12
The article explores the 2011 dedication of Spaceport America in New Mexico, which was built in anticipation of the growth of the private space tourism industry. Space travel company Virgin Galactic LLC plans to send paying passengers into space on its vehicle SpaceShipTwo from the site. The...
- New Mexico fund marks progress, plots more reform. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p3
This article discusses the investment reforms being implemented by the New Mexico State Investment Council following its involvement in a pay-to-play scandal. Topics include the council's termination of all of its public markets managers, its plans to commit 1.5 billion dollars to real-return...
- Radio Silence. PETERS, JOEY // Santa Fe Reporter;7/24/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p15
This article reports on the possibility for the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration (DFA), which manages U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funding for low-income housing, to lose funding for staffers critical to low-income housing. The HUD believes that the change in...
- N.M. COUNCIL ADDS ALTS COMMITMENTS. // Pensions & Investments;12/23/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p22
The article reports New Mexico State Investment Council invested in CCMP Capital Investors III and MetLife Core Property Fund and also hired Clifton Group as its beta overlay manager and Russell Investments to manage its international equity portfolio's transition to equity management firms.
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.