Highly Rated Ohio Turnpike Agency Under Investigation
- Firms Claim no Ethics Violations in Ohio Turnpike Probe. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31447, p3
Reports the result of the investigation on the acceptance of gifts among the employees and head of the Ohio Turnpike Commission. Absence of ethics violation; Assessment of the standard of professionalism; Variation of the gratuities offered.
- States Run Wild. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;4/5/99, Vol. 258 Issue 1, p21
Reports the opposition against the trucking tolls increase by truckers in Ohio. Initiation on the formation of Stop Tolls On Pike organization by president Dale Craig; Effort to abolish the Ohio Turnpike Commission by the organization; Total amount of tolls paid by trucks for the Ohio turnpike.
- Ohio Turnpike Seeks Executive Director. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p3
Announces that Ohio Turnpike Commission is seeking an executive director to replace Gino Zomparelli who resigned from the plan in August 2002.
- Address the issue, not the person. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p10
Opinion. Comments on the call by some Ohio legislators for the resignation of Ohio Turnpike Commission Chairman Umberto Fedeli due to the alleged association of Fedeli's insurance firm Fedeli Group to the commission. Fedeli's behavior to prevent conflicts of interest charges; Motives of...
- Fedeli might resign turnpike post early. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/09/96, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the possible resignation of Umberto Fedeli as chairman of the Ohio Turnpike Commission. Investigation of conflict-of-interest allegations against Fedeli in connection with the awarding of turnpike construction contracts; Fedeli's statement on his compliance to the rules and...
- Ohio agency plans toll revenue bond sale. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p3
Reports on the Ohio Turnpike Commission's plan to sell nearly $127.3 bonds to refund a portion of the commission's outstanding debt from its 1994 and 1996 issues. PaineWebber Inc. as underwriter; Expected savings and ratings.
- With refunding on hold, Ohio turnpike prepares new deal. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;08/11/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30454, p4
Reports on the Ohio Turnpike Commission's preparation of a new-money deal as it waits for interest rates to drop about 15 basis points before it proceeds with a $127 million refunding. Factors that make the commission's bonds desirable; Use of proceeds from the new issue to continue the...
- Ohio senate debates oversight of turnpike commission. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p28
Reports on the plan to limit the Ohio Turnpike Commission's authority in issuing bonds. Ohio Turnpike Commission's preparation to issue the final series of a bond program for road improvements; Need to investigate the bond issues of the commission.
- After 3 Issues in Half a Century, Ohio Turnpike Agency Does 2 More in 3 Weeks. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30479, p26
Focuses on Ohio Turnpike Commission's issuance of the third tranche of bonds to finance its ten-year expansion plan. Offering of the new-money bonds in serials with maturities ranging from 1999 to 2015; Projects covered by the bond issue; Bond ratings; Bond counsel; Sale date.